LIBA has established the Loyola Centre for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance to propagate business ethics and internationally accepted corporate governance practices for the benefit of students, who are the future of the business world. Objectives of the Centre are to raise awareness on ethical issues, inspire socially responsible leadership, enrich ethical knowledge and societal obligations and to promote principle based corporate governance.
LIBA’s mission is to pursue Ethics and Excellence. In line with this ideal, LIBA established the Loyola Centre for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance to propagate business ethics and internationally accepted corporate governance practices for the benefit of students, who are the future of the business world. Objectives of the Centre are to raise awareness on ethical issues, inspire socially responsible leadership, enrich ethical knowledge and societal obligations and to promote principle based corporate governance.
The Centre offers courses in Business Ethics as core papers in the first year. Business Ethics is taught in the first semester to introduce students to the concepts and ideals of business ethics and their understanding is further deepened with a more advanced course in the third semester. The Centre has been engaged in a whole lot of activities that aim at propagating business ethics and good corporate governance.
THE NGO ADVISORY PANEL
- The NGO Advisory Panel is an initiative for building linkages with the larger community in areas connected with LIBA and especially the Ethics Centre by establishing an Industry – NGO – Academic alliance. Through our network with industry the Centre has found that there is a pool of expert professionals who have demonstrated their talent in their chosen professions and are interested in contributing to the social development sector but did not have a platform through which they could do so.
- Through this ‘NGO Advisory Panel’, CSO Partners and LIBA have established an immediate connecting platform to NGOs and the rich pool of human resources hailing from diverse professional background and through their sustained engagement aim at bolstering the effectiveness of NGOs. The motivation for her to start such an initiative was based on her finding that several small NGOs face several challenges in adapting themselves to the fast-changing operating environment in order to be effective. Agencies/service providers who can address the specialized needs of NGOs are largely non-existent. Where they do exist, NGOs, particularly the smaller ones, do not have access to them due to various reasons like limited resources. The Advisory Panel would offer to access guidance, support and direct mentoring services from individual and institutional experts who are committed to the cause.
THE MOTHER TERESA AWARD FOR CORPORATE CITIZENS
EVENTS AND CONFERENCES
The Mother Teresa Award for Corporate Citizens, instituted in 1998, is presented every year to a company that has shown exemplary commitment to the ideals of corporate citizenship.
ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ETHICS CONFERENCE
BEACON 2014 Social Entrepreneurship: A Calling
The eighth edition of LIBA’s Business Ethics Conference “BEACON 2014” will focus on Social Entrepreneurship – A Calling, with concentration on BECOMING A SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR – The Motivation and BEING A SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR – The Experience. The main objective of this year’s edition is to motivate our students and many young minds from across the country to identify the spirit of social entrepreneurship as a satisfying experience. ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
- Marakkula Centre for Applied Ethics – Santa Clara University USA
- Centre for Business and Economics – Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Centre for International Business Ethics (CIBE) – Beijing, China, hosted by the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE).
- Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore (UCDSC) – Milan, Italy
- Catholic University – Peru
Three textbooks and several research articles have been published by the Centre that includes:
- Business Ethics: An Indian Perspective by Prof. A.C Fernando
- Corporate Governance: Principles, Policies and Practices by Prof A.C Fernando
- Business Ethics And Corporate Governance by Prof. A.C Fernando
Several papers have been published in International peer-reviewed journals on topics like ethical decision making, moral disengagement and ethical ambiguity. The Centre is now working on research paper on Ethical Supply Chain Management.