Conferences Attended & Papers Presented:
- International Conference on “Global Economy and Cultures”, Woodstock Theological Center, Georgetown University, Washington, U.S.A., Aug. 1999.
- Keynote address on “The Role of MNCs in the Globalized Era” at the national seminar on ‘Human Rights Issues vis-a-vis Modern Business’, St. Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai, Mar. 2000.
- Presented a Paper on “Globalization, Culture, Human Resource Practices” at the national symposium on ‘HRM in the Era of Privatization, Liberalization and Globalization: Promises and Challenges’, St. Joseph’s College, Trichy, Dec. 17-18, 2001.
- 14th Annual Management Education Convention, New Delhi, Aug. 2002.
- Presented a Paper on “Globalization and World Trade” at the International Conference on ‘Globalization as seen from Developing Countries’, Santa Clara University, St. Clara, California, U.S.A., Nov. 2002.
- Presented a Paper on “The Effect of Globalization on Culture: Has Globalization Homogenized Different Cultures of the World?” at the International Conference on ‘Globalization and India: Addressing the Challenges’, SJ Mehta School of Management, IIT, Mumbai, Jan. 2003.
- Presented a paper on “Management Education in the context of Emergence of Knowledge Economy in India”, Christu Jayanthi Jubilee P.G. College, Guntur, Sep. 2005.
- Presented a paper on ‘Conflict of Values in the Globalized Era’, at the International Conference at Satya Nilayam, Chennai, February 2006.
- Presented a paper on ‘Business Ethics in India’, at the conference on “Business Ethics in China, India, and Beyond: The Global Challenge” organized by the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara. University, March, 2007.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph and Levary, R. “The use of simulation in planning the transportation of patients to hospitals following a disaster”, Journal of Medical Systems, 22 (5), pp. 282-300, Oct. 1998.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph and Levary, R. “Virtual Corporations: A Recipe for Success”, Industrial Management, pp. 7-11, Jul.-Aug. 1998.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph, “Globalization and its impact on the poor” in Amaladoss (2001), ‘Profiles of Poverty and Networks of Power’, DACA Publications, Madurai, 2001, pp. 103-199, The proceedings of an international conference, Madurai, Feb. 2001.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph, “Impact of Globalization on Culture: Is it Cultural Hybridity or Cultural Reengineering”, Chennai Journal of Intercultural Philosophy’, 1(2), pp. 73-79, Satya Nilayam, Oct. 2002.
- (One of the Co-Authors with Geert Hofstede, et. al.) Christie, P.M. Joseph, “What Goals Do Business Leaders Pursue? A Study in Fifteen Countries”, Journal of International Business Studies, 33(4), pp. 785-804, Dec. 2002.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph, et. al. “A Cross-Cultural Comparison of Ethical Attitudes of Business Managers: India, Korea and the United States”, Journal of Business Ethics, 46(3), pp. 263-287, Sep. 2003.
- Christie, P.M. Joseph and Dr. K. Gowrishankar, “JIT in Services – A Future Prospective”, Journal of Operations Management, ICFAI, Aug. 2004.
Consultancy and Research
Helped in Strategic Planning for many non-profit and religious organizations including Jesuit Refugee Service, South Asia; Diocese of Dindigul (first of its kind in India) – as part of the planning exercise, a socio-economic, religious survey was conducted and data were collected from every catholic family in the diocese; currently guiding the Diocese of Sivagangai, Tamilnadu and Isabel Hospital, Chennai.
- Has done evaluations:
- Programs such as Regional Theology Program in India; MA Philosophy at Satya Nilayam, Chennai, formation program of various congregations, and Self-financing courses offered by University Colleges in Madurai Province.
- Organizations/institutions such as the Congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph of Lyons, Holy Cross Sisters (Tiruchi Province); this year agreed to evaluate Jnana Deepa Vidyapeeth (JDV), Pune
Has personally conducted many surveys including cross-cultural surveys and guided many researches, particularly in the data analysis.