FULL-TIME PGDM PROGRAMME
LIBA’S prestigious programme in management, leading to award of Post-graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), spans over two years with six terms, approximately three months each.
The PGDM consists of 126 credits, including the summer project, exposures and workshops. The first year present students with a comprehensive view of management programme and its direct implications and orientations to corporate environment. This provides a strong foundation for the learning in the second year. All the courses offered in the first year are mandatory.
At the end of the first year, during summer students spend twelve weeks in a company working on a project that deals with a significant issue/ problem. Keen observation of the process and productive interactions with employees and administration would help students to relate the concepts they had learnt in classrooms. This opens up an idea to choose their specialisation and electives.
The courses offered in the second year meet the needs for initiating the cutting edge of new techniques and innovations in various fields and for helping them to apply theoretical inputs in practical context. In each term, besides one required course (or core course), students will have to choose six subjects (or electives) from one or more of the following areas of specialization: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Systems, and Business Analytics. Students, however, have the option to submit a Master’s-level dissertation in a chosen area of specialization, in place of an elective, as a part of the requirement of the Programme, normally in the last term of the second year.
In LIBA, students do not write exams. There are no mid-term or end term exams. Instead, there is a Formative Assessment in which every session ends with an assessment of learning. At the end of term, there is Summative Assessment in which each students is asked to satisfy examiners their knowledge of basic concepts and application of the concepts in real time situations. LIBA follows a pedagogic policy of “Singers must be tested on singing, and dancers must be tested on dancing ‘’. If a student’s core competence and skill in oral communication, he or she is tested on predominantly oral tests. Similarly, every student can choose his/her a way by which learning is demonstrated and assessed by examiners .Case study method forms the core of ecosystem of learning and assessment in LIBA .
CAT 2020 or XAT 2021 is a prerequisite to apply for LIBA’s PGDM programme. However, the student should fulfil the below eligibility criteria.
1. The candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university (AIU) under regular mode ONLY.
2. The candidate should have a consistent higher academic performance at first class level (minimum 60% marks) in STD X, STD XII & Graduation.
3. The candidates who have cleared all the subjects in their first attempt will be preferred. Candidates with a history of more than two arrears are asked NOT to apply.
1. Candidates who have applied to LIBA will be shortlisted based on their CAT 2020/ XAT 2021 scores only. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI) for final selection.
2. GD/PI will be held at Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Shillong (Provided there is sufficient candidates for the centre, in case of less than the quorum they will be called for GD/PI to Kolkata center). Depending upon the prevalent conditions the GD/PI may be conducted in online mode.
FIRST YEAR PROGRAMMES
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
|Basic Financial Accounting||Economic Environment of Business||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Computer Applications||Financial Management I||Financial Management II|
|Communication- I||Government, Social and Business Environment||Human Resource Management|
|Managerial Economics||Marketing Management II||Management Information Systems|
|Marketing Management I||Managing Operations||Ethics – II|
|Organisational Dynamics||Organizational Behaviour – I||Organisational Behaviour II|
|Quantitative Techniques I||Quantitative Techniques II||Research Methodology|
|Ethics – I||Communication – II||Legal Environment of Business|
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes