Dr. Akanksha Jaiswal
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.Tech (I.T.), PGDM (LIBA, Human Resource), PhD (IIT Madras) – Human Resource Management
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 6 years of research
Dr. Akanksha is a gold medalist in Human Resource Management from the Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA). Her PhD work on Workforce Diversity and Employee Well-Being was awarded as the Best PhD Thesis at IIT-Madras. She has published research papers in peer-reviewed international journals.
Dr. Akanksha Jaiswal is a graduate in Information Technology from Harcourt Butler Technological Institute (HBTI), Kanpur and a post graduate in Human Resource Management, from Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai. She was awarded the National Eligibility Test – Junior Research Fellowship (NET-JRF) by the University Grants Commission (UGC) during the year 2012. She pursued her doctoral studies at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), Chennai, in the area of Human Resource and was conferred the Ph.D. degree in 2018.
- Jaiswal, A., & Dyaram, L. (2019). Towards well-being: Role of diversity and nature of work. Employee Relations, 41(1), 158-175. doi:10.1108/ER-11-2017-0279.
- Jaiswal, A., & Dyaram, L. (2018). Diversity: a matter of reality or perception? International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 26(5), 798-811.
She serves as a reviewer for premier management journals/conferences such as Personnel Review, Employee Relations, IIMB Management Review and Academy of Management.
- Won the Best Paper Award for the paper entitled “Faultlines: When diversity types interact” in the International Conference on Human Resource Development (HRD) and MSME Development 2019, organized jointly by the Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD), India and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) at EDII, Gandhinagar, January 2019.
- Presented a case study entitled “Asian Paints: From a family-run decorative past to a professionally-managed lustrous future”, at the 7th Asian Invitational Conference on family business, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, February 2019.
- “Do different types of diversity matter?”, ATHENAEUM 2018, IC&SR, IIT Madras, February 2018.
- “Does nature of work determine how diversity impacts well-being?”, British Academy of Management (BAM) September 2017, University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- Awarded President ISDSI Best Paper for “What matters: Reality or perceptions?”, at the 11th Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI) Conference, Indian Institute of Management Trichy, December 2017.
- “Diversity: A matter of reality or perception?”, 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management 2017 Conference, Indian Institute of Management Indore, December 2017.
- Conducted a 3-day workshop on Advanced Statistical Tools in IIT-Madras, 8-10 April 2019.
- Participated in the Human Resources Faculty Development Program organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) from January-March 2019.
Diversity & inclusion,
Structural Equation Modeling (SEM),