Dr. Akanksha Jaiswal
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.Tech (I.T.), PGDM (LIBA, Human Resource), PhD (IIT Madras) – Human Resource Management
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 8 years of research/ 2 years of teaching
Dr. Akanksha is a gold medalist in Human Resource Management from the Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA). Her PhD work on Workforce Diversity and Employee Well-Being was awarded as the Best PhD Thesis at IIT-Madras. She has published research papers in peer-reviewed international journals.
Dr. Akanksha Jaiswal is a graduate in Information Technology from Harcourt Butler Technological Institute (HBTI), Kanpur and a post graduate in Human Resource Management, from Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai. She was awarded the National Eligibility Test – Junior Research Fellowship (NET-JRF) by the University Grants Commission (UGC) during the year 2012. She pursued her doctoral studies at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), Chennai, in the area of Human Resource and was conferred the Ph.D. degree in 2018.
Research and publications
- Jaiswal, A. & Dyaram, L. (2019). Perceived diversity and employee well-being: mediating role of inclusion, Personnel Review, 49(5), 1121-1139. https://doi.org/10.1108/PR-12-2018-0511. Scopus Citescore 2019 – 3.0, ABDC – A-category
- Jaiswal, A., & Dyaram, L. (2019). Towards well-being: Role of diversity and nature of work. Employee Relations, 41(1), 158-175. Scopus Citescore 2019 – 3.1, ABDC – B-category
- Jaiswal, A., & Dyaram, L. (2018). Diversity: a matter of reality or perception? International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 26(5), 798-811. Scopus Citescore 2019 – 1.7, ABDC – B-category
- Jaiswal, A., & Arun, C. J. (2020). What comprises well-being at workplace? A qualitative inquiry among service sector employees in India, South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, 9(3), 1-13, Scopus Citescore 2019 – 0.5
- Jaiswal, A., & Arun, C. J. (2021). Potential of Artificial Intelligence for transformation of education system in India, The International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology (IJEDICT), ABDC – C-category
- Jaiswal, A., & Arun, C. J. (2020). From Access to Excess of Technology: Digital Detoxification Through Mindfulness, Management Matters, 17(1), 27-36.
Book chapters in edited volumes:
- Jaiswal, A. and Dyaram, L. (2020). Diversity and Well-being: An Interactive Qualitative Perspective From India. In The Routledge Companion to Inclusive Leadership, Marques, J. (eds.), 190-202.
- Jaiswal, A., Pande, R., Deshpande, K. and Sabhanathan, S. (2019). Asian Paints: Towards a Lustrous HR Future. Emerging Economies Cases Journal, 1(1-2), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1177/2516604219884212
- Jaiswal, A., & Arun, C. J. (2021). “Unlocking employee creativity while working from home during COVID-19 lockdown”, in the 7th International Communication Management Conference ICMC (2021) organized by MICA and The University of Texas, January 2021.
- Jaiswal, A., & Arun, C. J. (2020). “What comprises well-being at workplace?” presented at the Euromed Academy of Business Conference 2020, organized by K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, February 2020.
- Khan, N., Jaiswal, A., & Dyaram, L. (2020). “Does temporal diversity impact employee upward voice? Moderated-mediation model of task interdependence and team communication” presented at the Sixth Biennial Conference of the Indian Academy of Management (INDAM 2020), organized by IIM Trichy, January 2020.
- Won the Best Paper Award for the paper entitled “Faultlines: When diversity types interact” in the International Conference on Human Resource Development (HRD) and MSME Development 2019, organized jointly by the Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD), India and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) at EDII, Gandhinagar, January 2019.
- Presented a case study entitled “Asian Paints: From a family-run decorative past to a professionally-managed lustrous future”, at the 7th Asian Invitational Conference on family business, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, February 2019.
- “Do different types of diversity matter?”, ATHENAEUM 2018, IC&SR, IIT Madras, February 2018.
- “Does nature of work determine how diversity impacts well-being?”, British Academy of Management (BAM) September 2017, University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- Awarded President ISDSI Best Paperfor “What matters: Reality or perceptions?”, at the 11th Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI) Conference, Indian Institute of Management Trichy, December 2017.
- “Diversity: A matter of reality or perception?”, 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management 2017 Conference, Indian Institute of Management Indore, December 2017.
- Resource person for 6-day ProAct Digital Teacher Program organized by LIBA (June 2020).
- Resource person for 2-day workshop on Quality Research organized by LIBA (August 2019).
- Conducted a 3-day workshop on Advanced Statistical Tools in IIT-Madras, April 2019.
Faculty Development Programs (FDP):
- Participated in GuruCool Program (6 Days Training on Emerging Technologies followed by a Project Build-a-Thon) conducted by IBM India (September-October 2020).
- Participated in Case Pedagogy FDP at the Xavier Institute of Management (XIM) Bhubaneshwar (November 2019).
- Participated in the Human Resources FDP organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) from January-March 2019.
She serves as a reviewer for premier management journals/conferences such as International Journal of Human Resource Management, Personnel Review, Employee Relations, IIMB Management Review and Academy of Management.
- Guest Faculty at the Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras for course on Behavioural Lab for Full-time 2nd year MBA students (July-August 2020)
- “Workplace Well-being: The impact of happiness-enhancing activities and positive practices” for employees at ABITS Pvt. Ltd. (September-November 2020)
- Artificial Intelligence & Human Resource Management,
- Artificial Intelligence & Indian education system,
- Psychological impact of work from home during COVID-19,
- Online academic integrity,
- Diversity & inclusion,
- Employee well-being,
- Competency mapping,
- Structural Equation Modeling (SEM),