QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.E. (Hons.), M.S (Michigan Technological Univ,Michigan, USA), Ph.D. (Purdue University,Indiana, USA) – Systems
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 19 years of teaching / 15 years of industry / 12 years of research
Dr. Chellaiah is the Chair – International programme at LIBA. He has over 28 years of teaching, research and administrative experience. In USA, he has worked in top multinational companies, like General Electric Company, SBC communications Inc., NASA, Paine Webber and Merrill Lynch. In India, he has worked with Nissan, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank Negara, Chrysler and Time Warner Inc. He also has consulting and contracting experience. He has published several papers in refereed international journals as well as articles in reputed newspapers and magazines. He has chaired sessions in international conferences, edited books and has been a reviewer for many international journals. He has secured research grants from the prestigious National Science Foundation, USA. He is an elected member of the Tau beta Pi (National Engineering Honour Society) and Sigma Xi (International Scientific Research Society).
Dr. Chellaiah secured his B.E. (Honors) from Guindy Engineering College, Madras University, MS from Michigan Technological University, USA and Ph.D. from Purdue University, USA.
His experience includes software development, system and network administration, project and program management, presales support, and business development.
He has worked on web technologies, e-Commerce, content management, internet and portal development, financial applications and change management in organizations.
In recognition of his academic and research achievements, Dr. Chellaiah has received several awards. A few of them are:
- Elected a member of the honor societies – Tau Beta Pi (The National Engineering honor society)
- Elected a member of Sigma Xi (The International Scientific Research Society).
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by the Office of Co-operative Education and Placement in recognition of contributions
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by the Society of Women Engineers in recognition of outstanding contributions
- Plaque awarded by Alpha Omega Chi for dedicated service
- Guided Student chapter to win the “Most Improved Section Award”
- Plaque awarded by Tau Beta Pi for excellent service
- Listed in Marquis’ Who’s Who in South and Southwest
Dr. Chellaiah has authored more than 25 papers (15 of them in published refereed international journals) and presented his work in several international conferences. His research work has been seminal in nature and has been cited in graduate (Masters and doctoral) level textbooks.
He has competitively secured research grants from two different divisions of the prestigious National Science Foundation in USA. He has also secured research funding from Florida High Technology Council, and Florida State University Supercomputer Center both based in USA. He has been a reviewer for several international journals and his reviews have been well appreciated by the editors. He has also reviewed research proposals submitted to federal agencies in USA.
Using his research grants, he has supported and supervised postdoctoral student, visiting faculty, graduate and undergraduate students. He has setup a laboratory to conduct research with grants and corporate donations.
He has written several articles about different types of computing and applications of information technology. They covered voice portals, Affective computing, Autonomous Computing, Quantum Computing, DNA Computing, Nanomedicine, Biometrics etc. He is also adept at explaining technical aspects in simple and easy-to-understand language.
His articles have appeared in leading newspapers The Hindu, and The Business Line and in monthly magazines like i.t., BenefIT, and Electronics For You.
OTHER ARTICLES IN NEWSPAPERS and MAGAZINES (IT related topics)
THE BUSINESS LINE
He wrote a series of about half dozen articles on different forms of computing including DNA Computing, Quantum Computing, Affective Computing, Autonomic Computing, Smart Dust and Voice Portals.
He wrote articles of Nanomedicine and Face Recognition
ELECTRONICS FOR YOU (monthly magazine)
An article of ‘Web 2.0’ was published in August 2008 issue, pg. 116-124.
BenefIT (monthly magazine on IT matters for business people)
- An article on ‘Sentiment Analysis – a marketing tool’ in July 2008 issue, pg. 37- 42.
- Expert View on ’10 Mistakes that can sink your ERP Implementation’, June 2010 issue, pg.28 -34
- An article on ‘You can Easily Backup your Business Data’ in July 2010 issue, pg.52 – 53
I.T. (monthly magazine on IT matters)
- An article on ‘Ergonomics’ in March 2008 issue, pg. 42-48.
- An article on ‘Garments that Help Doctor Monitor Health’ in March 2009 issue, pg. 57- 59
- An article on ‘How DNSSEC dethroned DNS’, in April 2009 issue
- Interview in Vendhar TV – 18 Oct. 2014
- Interview in Vendhar TV – 24 Aug. 2014
- Technology Management
- Use of Technology for social improvement
Industries Associated With
- Information Technology
- Software Services
- Small Scale Industries