Dr. Deepa Ittimani Tholath
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION :B.Tech. (Hons.), M.B.A (Cochin University), Ph.D. (Kerala University) Marketing Management
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 08 years of teaching / 1½ years of industry / 13 years of research
Dr. Deepa Ittimani Tholath is a university gold medalist at the MBA level. Her doctoral thesis is on Knowledge Management and its Implementation Possibilities in the Service Sector. She began her career as a banker at IDBI Bank and later shifted to teaching by introducing Knowledge Management as an elective at LIBA in 2001. Her research interests include Consumer Behaviour, Pricing, Knowledge Management, Influencer Marketing and Services Marketing. She has published papers in national peer- reviewed journals and presented papers at national and international conferences. She is a research guide registered with the University of Madras.
- Ph.D. Knowledge Management. Institute of Management, Kerala.( IMK), Kerala University 2012. Thesis Title “Knowledge Management (KM) – A Study on Operational Implications in The Service Sector”
- Qualified UGC – NET conducted by the Universities Grants Commission, India, December 1999.
- Qualified State Level Educational Testing (SLET-99) Tamilnadu conducted by Bharathidasan University, November 1999.
- Master of Business Administration-(MBA) , Gold Medallist (Specialization –Marketing) School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science And Technology.1999
- Bachelor of Technology -(B.Tech.) ,Honours, Civil Engineering, Govt. Engineering College Trichur Kerala, affiliated to Calicut University.1997
- Deepa ttimaniI Tholath, Gabriel Simon Thattil, (2013) “Knowledge Management”-. Discovery publishing House Pvt .Ltd.ISBN-978-93-5056-317-5, 2013.
- Indira A, P, V Alexander, Deepa Ittimani Tholath, ,Madhava Priya ,Irudaya Veni Mary ,(2017 ) LIBA CASES 2017- A Symposium on Business Case Studies (Ed).Notion Press ISBN : 978-1-947027-08-4,April 2017.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, (2013) Chapter on “Sensory Marketing- Creating the Experience”. Marketing Dynamics, (Ed), G Muruganantham, and Arena Publications India ISBN: 978-93-8179-093-9, February 2013.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, Fr.Casimirraj.S.J, (2016), Chapter on “Sketches of Online Shopper Personas and Their Customer Journey Mapping”, Social Media and Organizational Sustainability. (Ed) Bloomsbury.ISBN:978-93-85936-04-3, February 2016.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, (2017),“Riding The Knowledge Cycle- The Infosys Route” Knowledge Management in Digital India, Gosh,Venumohan Gupta,K.Datta,Pankaj Kumar Singh,P.K.Srivastava (Ed) MotiLal Rastogi School of Management , Lucknow ISBN:978-1-63535 -768-4.2017, Pp27-30.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, Indira A,(2017), “Economics of Building an Eco friendly Low Cost Housing Unit “ Innovations for Sustainable Business ,Etinder Pal Singh,Rajneesh Mahajan,Ruchi Malik(Ed) Apeejay School of Management Dwaraka, NewDelhi. ISBN: 978-93-84562-07-6.February 2017, pp45-53.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath – Contributer “Advertising management ,6e”, Rajeev Batra, John G Myers and David A Aaker ,.Pearson India Education Services Pvt Ltd.www.pearsoned.co.in.(in Process)
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“Remixing Experiential Marketing – Asian Paints” .Case & Teaching Note.Ref No: 517-0126-1, 517-0126-8 .The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, UK. July 2017.http://www.thecasecentre.org/corporate/products/view?id=145285
- Khadeeja Bilquees A, Deepa Ittimani Tholath” A Skin for Products: A Differentiation Dilemma “LIBA CASES 2017 – A Symposium on Business Case Studies, Notion Press, Chennai (Ed) ISBN : 978-1-947027-08-4,April 2017.pp 114-122
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“The Curious Case of Gold Souk Grandé” .Case & Teaching Note.Ref No: 517-0034-1, 517-0034-8 .The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, UK. March 2017.http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=141889
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“Sustainable Marketing’s Secret Ingredients– Warby Parker” .Case & Teaching Note.Ref No: 517-0014-1, 517-0014-8 .The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, UK. January 2017.http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=140746
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“Awakening the Real Indian Beauty -Dove” .Case & Teaching Note.Ref No: 716-0080-1, 716-0080-8 .The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, UK.November 2016. http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=139464
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“How Will the Knot be Tied – Indian Online Matrimony” .Case & Teaching Note.Ref No: 516-0032-1,516-0032-8 The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, and UK. http://www.thecasecentre.org/educators/products/view?id=133568.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath -“In the Number Uno Race- Trends in Vogue” Case & Teaching Note. . The Case Centre, Cranfield University, Wharley End, Beds MK43 0JR, Ref No 516-0043-1, 516-0043-8. Economic Times Case Collection. Product Code (MKTG-1-0050, MKTG-1-0050A).February2016.http://www.etcases.com/in-the-number-uno-race-trends-in- vogue.html.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath. (2015). “The Bovonto Challenge”, Sustainable Management Practices- Trends issues and Challenges. Madras University, Glowplus Publisher, Chennai, P.S.Bhuvaneswari (Ed). ISBN: 978-81-929581-3-2. pp13-23
- Khadeeja Bilquees A & Deepa Ittimani Tholath, (2018)”Reasearch on Effect of Influencer Endorsement on Purchase Intention of Cosmetics”, International Journal of Research in Humanities Art and Literature (IJRHAL), ISSN: 2347-4564, November2018, Volume-VI, Issue 11, Impact F- 3.7985, UGC Approved Journal-40893. 92 – 97.
- Khadeeja Bilquees A & Deepa Ittimani Tholath, (2017) “Customer Loyalty – Analysing The Globally Applicable Contributing Factors”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Management, Engineering and Technology (IJARMET), ISSN: 2456 – 2998, September 2017, Volume 2, Issue 8, pp. 887 – 894.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath(2017) “Gattu Tales – Painting an Experience “ MIM Management Research Journal .ISSN-2277-6133, Vol: 1, Issue-1, January 2017, pp46-49
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath& Fr.Casimirraj.S.J (2016) “Customer Journey Maps for Demographic Online Customer Profiles”International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking, ISSN-1942-9010, Vol: 8, Issue 1, January -March 2016, pp1-18. http://www.igi-global.com/article/customer-journey-maps-for-demographic-online-customer-profiles/153954
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, &Gabriel Simon Thattil (2016)”Motivational Drivers of Knowledge Sharing in Banking Sector of India”, The IUP Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.XIV, and No: 1, January 2016, pp33-45. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2755434
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2015) “Sustainability & Innovation: Building up the Culture “International Journal of Organizational Behaviour and Management Perspectives.”ISSN-2279-0950, Vol: 4, Issue-4, October-December 2015, pp2000-2004. Impact factor- 5.97
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath and Gabriel Simon Thattil (2015) “Motivational Drivers of Knowledge Sharing in the Banking Sector in India “Proceedings of Annual Spain Business Research Conference 14 – 15 September 2015, Novotel Barcelona City Hotel, Barcelona, Spain ISBN: 978-1-922069-84-9.
- Sathyapriya J, P Srinivas Rao, Padma Charan Sahu, and Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2014) “Work Efficiency Acquisition: Need for Human Resource Professional.”IRACST- International Journal of Research in Management and Technology, .ISSN-2249-9563, Vol: 4, No.3, June 2014, pp174-180. Impact factor- 0.675
- Sathyapriya J, Guru P,S Lakshmi Narasimhan,Deepa Ittimani Tholath,K Aparna(2014) “Human Resource Accounting-A Study on Redefining Human Capital Investment in Corporate Sector” “International Journal Of Business Administration and Management .ISSN-2278-3660,,Vol:4,Number-1(2014),pp41-50. Impact factor-6.9
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2014) “Facebook for Business-The New Entrepreneurial Portal “International Journal of Scientific Research.ISSN-2277-8179, Vol: 3, Issue-4, Special April Issue 2014, pp15-17. Impact factor-0.3371
- P Srinivas Rao, Padma Charan Sahu, Sathyapriya J, Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2014) “A Study of Customers Attitude and Behaviour on Purchase of Gold Jewellery in Chennai City.”IRACST- International Journal of Research in Management and Technology l .ISSN-2249-9563, Vol: 4, No.1, February 2014, pp54-60. Impact factor- 0.675
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A.Indira (2013)”Use of Eco Friendly Building Materials in Low Cost Housing”. Management Matters, ISSN 2279-0187, and Vol 13: Issue 2, July-December2013.
- Fr Casimirraj S J ,Deepa Ittimani Tholath,(2013)” Improving The Travel experience by Listening to the Customers-The Indian Railways” International Journal of Management Science ISSN-2347-856, ,Vol:3,Issue-4,December 2013,pp7-9. Impact factor- 3.853
- Sathyapriya J, Karpagavalli G, ,Deepa Ittimani Tholath(2013) “A Study on Reasons for Resistance to Change and Managing Change “International Journal Of Management .ISSN-0976-6510, ,Vol:4,Issue-6,November-December 2013,pp165-169. Impact factor-6.9
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, (2013) “Customer Perception Comparative Analysis of Banking Segments in India” Asian Academic Research Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities .ISSN-2278-859X, Vol: 1, Issue-18, December 2013, pp356-372. Impact factor-2.015
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath, S.Nagalakshmi (2013) “A study on Importance of Measuring HR’s Effectiveness” Indian Journal of Applied Research .ISSN-2249-555X, Vol: 3, Issue-12, December 2013, pp333-334. Impact factor-0.8215,
- Sathyapriya J, Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2013) “Making Performance Management System Effective” Global Research Analysis International .ISSN-2277-8160, Vol: 2, Issue-10, October 2013, pp59-60. Impact factor-0.2714
- Sathyapriya J,S Lakshmi Narayan,R Vandahana,Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2013)“Customer accessibility and Intensification Of Fusion Marketing “International Journal of Scientific Research.ISSN-2277-8179,Vol:2,Issue-8,August 2013,pp277-279. Impactfactor-0.3371
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2013) “Knowledge Dimensions to Monitor Knowledge Growth in Service Sector”, the IUP Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.XI, and No: 3, July 2013.pp29-41. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2357814
- Deepa Intiman Tholath (2013) “Africa-An Emerging Market for Indian Investments”, Shabdasmi-An International Journal, .ISSN-2249-0051, Vol.III, Issue I, June 2013.pp59-64.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath , A.Indira,(2012)A Study to Identify the opportunities and challenges for sustainable building practices in low income housing,Monograph,Prof C.K Prahalad Centre for Emerging India, Loyola Institute of Business Administration,Chennai,June 2012
- Vandhana Sriram &Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2009) “Retaining the Best Talent-Challenges and Strategies for Higher Education Sector” Service Management Strategy and Challenges in The Era of Globalisation Indian Academy School Of Management Studies, ISSN 978-81-920859-1-3, April2012.
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath(2009)“Knowledge For Understanding Customers”, “Kerala Calling”, Kerala Government Publication., RN No:35991/80,KLTV(N) /104/2009-2011,April 2009.pp 40-42
- Deepa Ittimani Tholath(2001)“Knowledge Management”, “Mandate”, Madras Management Association publication, Vol. XXX No.6 December 2001. pp 13-14.
i. Case on “The Curious Case of Gold Souk Grande “, Global Summit on Management Cases (GSMC), hosted by Indian Institute of Management, Raipur. February 10th and 11th 2017.
ii. Case on “Gattu Tales- Painting an Experience. “International Conference on Emerging Economies: Opportunities and Challenges. Hosted by Maharashtra Institute of Management, Kalamb, and Pune.17th and 18th January 2017.
iii. Case on “Sustainable Marketing’s Secret Ingredients- Warby Parker.” Vth International Conference- ELIXIR 2016. hosted by Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur,17th December 2016, at Nagpur
iv. Case on “In the Number UNO Race-Trends in Vogue “, Global Summit on Management Cases (GSMC), hosted by Indian Institute of Management, Raipur. February 6th 2016.
v. Paper on “Sketches of Online Shopper Personas and Their Customer Journey Mapping”, International Conference on The Role of social Media for Organizational Sustainability (ICROSMOS), .hosted by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida, on 12th and 13th of February, 2016.
vi. Paper on “Motivational Drivers of Knowledge Sharing in the Banking Sector in India “at the Annual Spain Business Research Conference, 14 – 15 September 2015, Novotel Barcelona City Hotel, Barcelona, Spain hosted by World Business Institute, Australia.
vii. Paper on “Sustainability & Innovation –Building Up The Culture” at the International Conference themed “ Creativity and Innovation for Business Sustainability” hosted by School of Humanities , Science & Management Department of Management Studies Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur on 6th and 7th November 2014.
viii. The Case Centre Anniversary Conference held at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore on September 08-09, 2014.
ix. Paper on “Women Empowerment Through Micro Financing” at the2nd International Conference on Financial Inclusion from Obligation to Opportunity-ICFI 2014 “ hosted by the CMR Institute Of Management Studies, Bangalore on the 30th April 2014
x. Paper on “Improving The Travel experience by Listening to the Customers-The Indian Railways” at AICTE sponsored International Conference on Economics,Business,Finance, Human Resource & Technology for Sustainable Development by Sai Ram Institute of Management Sudies on the 20and 21st of December 2013
xi. Paper on “Knowledge Dimensions To Monitor Knowledge Growth In Service Sector” at 2nd International Conference on Business Intelligence, Analytics and Knowledge Management, BIAKM(2013) hosted by IBS Hyderabad on the 17-19th April 2013
xii. Paper on “Knowledge Management-A Catalyst To The Innovation Mix” at the International Conference on Innovations in Management Practices(ICIMP) hosted by the Kristu Jayanthi College Of Management of Technology,Bangalore-560077on the 21,22,April 2012.
i. Paper on “Factors affecting The Credibility of Beauty Influencers on Instagram “along with Khadeeja Bilquees at National Conference on Management, Technology& Innovation in The VUCA World-Role in Value Creation held at Department of Management Studies New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore. March 23rd 2019.
ii. Paper on “A comparative Study of Loyalty Studies to Identify The Underlying Factors of Customer Loyalty “along with Khadeeja Bilquees at National Conference on Current Practices and Emerging Trends In Management held at KLS Gogte Institute of Technology ,Udyambag , Belgavi on September 8th and 9th 2017.
iii. Best Case Award received for “Weaving Sustainability into Affordable Housing- Anna Builders” along with Dr A. Indira at Business Case Conference 2017 –Organised by Sona School of Management in collaboration with The Case Centre UK, held at Salem on 22nd and 23rd of September 2017.
iv. Case” A Skin for Products: A Differentiation Dilemma “along with Khadeeja Bilquees A. at Case Conference 2017 – A Symposium on Business Case Studies, held at Loyola Institute of Business Administration Chennai on April 7th 2017.
v. Case “Riding the Knowledge Cycle- the Infosys Route” at National Seminar on Organisational Development through Knowledge Management in Digital India (NSODKMDI_2017, held at MotiLal Rastogi School of Management, Lucknow on February 11th 2017.
vi. Paper on “Economics of Building an Eco friendly Low Cost Housing Unit “along with Indira A at 8Th National Conference on Innovations for Sustainable Business held at Apeejay School of Management Dwaraka, NewDelhi.on February 3rd 2017.
vii. Case “ Mountains and Beyond – Ford Ecosport ” along with Shanthi Venkatesh at One day National Conference on ‘Marketing Matters in Emerging Landscape ‘held at Rajagiri Centre for Business Studies on February 04 ,2017.
viii. Case “Awakening the Real Indian Beauty –Dove” at Case Conference 2016 organised by Jansons School of Business, Coimbatore in collaboration with The Case Centre .UK. May 23 & 24, 2016.
ix. Paper on “Clustering Technique for mapping Behavioural Loyalty: A Conceptual Study using RFM Model in Apparel Retail Segment of India “, along with Shanthi Venkatesh, Indian Retail Conference ,(IRC-2016) School of Business, Public Policy & Social Entrepreneurship, Ambedkar University Delhi. February 26- 27, 2016.
x. Paper on “Analysis of Attributes and Marketing Strategies for Ecotourism” at the ICSSR sponsored National Conference themed Managerial Innovative Management Practices for Sustainable Development and Global Competitiveness IMPETUS ‘15” hosted by Department of Management Studies , Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on the 8th and 9th of October 2015.
xi. Paper on “Facebook for Business-The New Entreprenuerial Portal” at the ICSSR sponsored National Conference themed Creativity and Innovation for Contemporary Managerial Issues” hosted by School of Humanities , Science & Management Department of Management Studies Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur on the 26th of March 2014.
xii. Paper on “Africa-An Emerging Market For Indian Investments” at the 3rd National Conference themed Management Strategies for Emerging Global Markets-Prabandhan2013 hosted by the Lokmanya Tilak Institute Of Management Studies, Nagpur on the 28th of February 2013.
xiii. Paper on “Sensory Marketing – Creating The Experience” at the National Conference on Recent Trends in Marketing Opportunities and Challenges hosted by Department of Management Studies, National Institute Of Technology ,Thiruchirapalli on the 20th of February 2013.
xiv. Paper along with Vandhana Sriram on “Retaining The Best Talent-Challenges and Strategies for Higher Education Sector” at the 4th National Seminar on Service Management Strategy and Challenges in The Era of Globalisation” hosted by the Indian Academy School Of Management Studies, Bangalore on the 19-20th April 2012.
xv. Paper on “Eco-friendly Marketing-A Reconnaissance Study to Pave a Way Forward” at the National Level Conference on Disruptive Marketing — the Way Forward? Hosted by the CMR Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore on the 27th April 2012.
xvi. Paper on “Motivating Knowledge Workers” at the National Management Development Programme seminar on HR Innovations & Interventions for Resurgent India hosted by the CMR Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore on the February 25th 2011.
i. Josephine Gemson, Deepa Ittimani Tholath (2015) “An Analysis of Private Equity Investments in India”.Mini Research Studies at LIBA 2014-2015.
ii. Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A.Indira (2014) “Demand forecasting of a Personal Marine Navigational System for Indian Fishermen”.July 2014.
iii. Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A.Indira (2013) “Study on Slum Rehabilitation through Private public Partnership”. August 2013.
iv. Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A. Indira (2013) “Market Profiling and Financial Product Development for Low Cost Housing”. July 2013.
v. Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A.Indira (2013) “A study to determine Key Factors in Affordable Housing Development”.June 2013.
vi. Deepa Ittimani Tholath, A.Indira (2013) “A study to identify the Opportunities and Challenges for Sustainable Building Practices in Low Income Housing”. June 2012.