QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : M.B.A., Ph.D. (Finance)
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH: 14 years of teaching / 5 years of Research.
Dr.P.A.Mary Auxilia is a passionate academician specialising in capital markets and finance. She has 14 years of teaching experience in reputed institutions and universities. She was awarded doctorate in finance for her research on hedging in stock markets and has a zeal for research in capital markets, derivatives and behavioural finance. She has published research papers in refereed journals and organised several events. She has qualified in National Eligible Test (NET) conducted by University Grants Commission.
Dr.P.A.Mary Auxilia is a science graduate from Madras University and a Post graduate in Management with specialisation in finance. She holds a Ph.D in finance from Manonmanium Sundaranar University titled “Portfolio hedging using derivatives in stock markets employing econometric models”. She has qualified in UGC – NET.
- Financial Engineering and risk management an online course – Columbia University, Newyork, offered through Coursera.
- Fintech Law and Policy an online course – Duke University offered through Coursera.
- Behavioral Finance an online course – Duke University offered through Coursera.
Selected & Recent Publications:
- A.Mary Auxilia (2013),“A comparative study on Beta hedging of High PE and Low PE stocks using Index futures with reference to NSE”, in Indian Journal of Finance , Voumel.7, Issue.8, pp. 43-50.
- A.Mary Auxilia (2017),“ Hedging effectiveness analysis of high market cap Indian stocks using OLS and GARCH Hedge ratios”, in Global Journal of Management and Business Research, Volume.17, Issue.3,pp.22-30.
- A.Mary Auxilia (2018), “Are we demonizing demonetization? An analytical study based on corporate CAGR”, International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Volume.6, Issue.9, pp. 1-13.
- A.Mary Auxilia (2020). “Impact of Myopic Loss Aversion on middle aged trading behavior”, International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation. Volume.24, Issue 08.
- A.Mary Auxilia (2020). “Reflection of investor’s sentiments on stock prices of acquirers in India”, International Journal of Scientific and technology research. Volume. 9, Issue.2.
- Reviewed Marketing Management Text book, 4th Edition, author – RajanSaxena
- Editor – Book chapter “Management Series”, Global learners academy of development.
Conferences, Seminars and workshops:
- Organised an International Conference on economic transformation with inclusive growth -2018.
- Organized a 5 day workshop on Ethics in Management – “Ethos week” – 2021
- Organized a workshop on “Financial Literacy” – 2021
- Conducted one day workshop on Stock market reforms – SIVET College, Chennai.
- Paper presented on “A Study on the profitability of Options using straddle strategy with special reference to high implied volatile stock” at conference held at SRM University.
- Paper presented on “Cross Hedging a single stock portfolio using Nifty based on Beta” at an international conference on innovative management strategies for emerging business paradigms.
- Participated in FDP on Structural Equation Modelling through SPSS organized by Jain University, CMS Business School, in collaboration with Institute of Analytics (UK) & Arab Open University (Oman) – 2020.
- Participated in FDP on Recent Amendments in Companies Act, 2013” jointly organised by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India – 2020
- Participated in workshop on Academic writing in Quality Journals organized by DOMS, University of Madras – 2020.
- Participated in Workshop conducted by CII on “Restructuring and Redesigning the Higher Education Curriculum to Meet Industry Needs”, -2017.
- Participated in the workshop on Derivatives conducted by the National Stock Exchange of India. – 2013.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Derivatives
- Behavioural Finance
- Corporate Finance