Dr. Ramya K Prasad
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : Ph.D in Communication, M.Phil in Mass Communication & Journalism, UGC NET 2003, M.A.Communication, B.com
Experience in Teaching / Practice / Industry / Research : 17 years of teaching and administrative experience, 7 years of research
Dr.Ramya K Prasad has joined LIBA as Assistant Professor for media and entertainment management vertical and other verticals of Management discipline with an objective to pursue a career that offers collision of passion and profession to augment my growth in research & creativity along with that of the institution.
Previously She has served as the Chairperson / Head of the Department of Visual Communication, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru, besides serving as the Chairperson, Board of Studies- Visual Media & Fine Arts faculty, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, since June 2017. Held serval positions in the past including the Head, Department of Public Relations, at Stella Maris College, SFS, Autonomous college, Nov 2012- June 2017. Served as and Served as Coordinator of the Centre For Media Studies and the Head, Department of Communication, Madras Christian College, Chennai July 2005- Oct 2012. Worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication and Media Studies. M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai June 2003- May 2005. Other credentials include expertise in curriculum design for media studies and ability to train students in producing creative projects for various media genres such as Ad & PR Campaign projects, Video production projects, Portfolio management, Research projects & dissertation presentation, Event Management. Have attended and presented several papers in seminars and conferences on contemporary topics on media and communication studies. Organised PR campaigns, National Short Film Festival Çinerama, Press meets, several workshop, Served as a resource person for a 10-day Faculty Development Program on Digital teaching strategies. Active member of the research committee. Served as the convenor of the college magazine 2018, 2019. Served as a panel member to review the e-content of Self Learning Material for ITI students, since July 2016 – NIMI, Central Training Institute, Guindy, Chennai. Served as an executive member for the Core Committee of the PRSI –Chennai Chapter, 2014-18.
At Sikkim Manipal University, Bangalore, served as the Peer Reviewer for the SLM for MBA on Business Communication and Communication Skills. Served as the off-shore faculty, conducting classes online for MBA students for one semester on Communication Skills- 2012. Served as a reviewer of digital content development of the Self Learning Material on Business Communication-2013. Developed innovative teaching methods like games in communication, Developing Press-kit, Workshops on brochure making, Newspaper Dummy, Developing a radio production chart etc. An aspiring learner and a fun loving person.
- Ph. D in Communication – December 2018, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- M.Phil from Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal – Distance Education Programme. 2005-06. Secured First Class.
- UGC NET qualified. December 2003.
- M.A.Communication from M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai- 2001-2003. Secured First Class and 29th rank at the University Examination April 2003.
- Com from M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai. 1998-2001. Secured First Class and 26th rank in Sanskrit at the University Examination April 2001.
- UGC Orientation program (29.10.03 – 25.11.03) at University of Madras.
- UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Mass Communication & Journalism at Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (11.12.06 – 30.12.06). Secured grade ‘A’.
- Refresher Course in Journalism, Media and Cinema conducted by the Centre for Professional Development in Higher Education (CPDHE), UGC-HRDC, University of Delhi during 20 th July 2020 to 01st August 2020. Secured grade ‘A+’.
- Recent Papers in Scopus indexed journals with Titles:
- Youtube videos as an effective medium in branding – A study among urban women in Mysuru city
- ‘Cinema’ in formation of cultural identities: A study on the ethnographic films and people’s perception on Tulu films (yet to be indexed)
- Technology Enabled Political Communication in Social Networking Sites: Recent trends in the Literature (yet to be indexed)
- Paper titled ‘PORTRAYAL OF WOMEN IN ADVERTISEMENTS: A REGULATING PERSPECTIVE’, published in The Jan-March 2010 issue of Mass Communicator: International Journal of Communication Studies.
- Paper titled ‘A Textual analysis on the content of TV Commercials w.r.t. Advertising Appeals used in Positioning of Parent and Sub brands of Cadbury’s and Nestle Chocolates’, published in the International Journal of Human Resource & Social Sciences of the ASSOCIATED ASIAN RESEARCH FOUNDATION, ISSN NO (Online) 23494085 (Print) 23944218, August 2016, Vol 3, Issue 8, Impact factor 3.866
- Paper titled ‘Visual aesthetics enhance brand recall- A study on TV Advertisements of Chocolates among youth’, published in the International Journal of Human Resource & Social Sciences of the ASSOCIATED ASIAN RESEARCH FOUNDATION, ISSN NO (Online) 23494085 (Print) 23944218, August 2016, Vol 3, Issue 8, Impact factor 3.866
- Co-authored and presented a paper titled ‘Indecent Representation of women Act- An overview’, published in the proceedings of the International conference on Gender Dynamics: Evolving Synergies, on June 29 & 30, 2016 at Women’s Christian College, ISBN No: 978-93-85374-41-8
- Paper titled ‘Visual aesthetics enhance brand recall- A study on TV Advertisements of Chocolates among youth’, published in the proceedings of the International Conference on Media and Visual Literacy. ISBN NO 978-93-81992-74- 6 held at SRM University. February 2016.
- Paper titled ‘A Textual analysis on the content of TV Commercials w.r.t. Advertising Appeals used in Positioning of Parent and Sub brands of Cadbury’s and Nestle Chocolates’, published in the proceedings of the International Conference on Media and Visual Literacy. ISBN NO 978-93-81992-74-6 held at SRM University. February 2016.
- Paper titled ‘Impact of Logos in brand recognition of Sub brands with Parent brands’, abstract published in the proceedings of the National Conference On Power of Visuals at the Media Meet, Organised by Christ University, Bangalore. August 2015.
- Paper titled ‘Advertisements on Chocolates – a Visual treat’, abstract published in the proceedings of the National Conference On Power of Visuals at the Media Meet, organised by Christ University, Bangalore. August 2015.
- Paper titled ‘Trends in Television Advertising’, published in the proceedings of the International Seminar on Radio and Television, Organised by University of Puducherry, Puducherry.
Public Relations & Corporate Communication
Advertising & Integrated Marketing Communication
- Certified Digital Teacher by ICT Academy Chennai dated 10-07-2020
- Completed the Online Course on Understanding Research Methods from University of London and SOAS University London through Coursera dated 01-05-2020
- Completed the Online Course on Integrated Marketing Communication: Advertising, Public Relations, Digital Marketing and more from IE School of Business through Coursera dated 10/05/2020
- Completed the Online Course on Camera, Exposure and Photography from University of Michigan State University, through Coursera dated 23/05/2020
- Completed the Online FDP on Cinematic Communication at Makhanalal Chaturvedi University of Journalism and Communication, Bhopal, through AICTE Training and Learning Academy (ATAL) dated 18/06/2021.
- Served as the resource person for two sessions the ‘Reboot the Teacher in You’- A 10 day FDP on Strategies for Digital Pedagogy – Session 1 – “Learning Style – How to cater to diverse needs of students”. Day 10 – session on Gamification for education.