Dr. S SHYNI CARMEL MARY
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.Sc. (Physics) (Bonsecours College for Women – Thanjore), M.C.A (Loyola College), M.Phil (Computer Science) (Prist University) , Ph.d (Computer Applications and Computer Science ) (University of Madras)
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 5 years of teaching experience as an assistant professor. 2 years of teaching experience as a resource person. 5 years of research experience.
Dr. S Shyni Carmel Mary is Research Associate at LIBA specialization in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Having a 5 years of teaching experience as an assistant professor, 2 years of teaching experience as a resource person and, 5 years of research experience, presently teaching and scripting research articles. Her research interests include Data mining, Machine Learning, Big Data, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence. She has published research articles (National and International), including IEEE and Scopus journals. She has also presented papers at International conferences and received the best paper presenter award and she is also presented with Best Young Researcher award.
Distinction in Bachelors in Physics from Bonsecours College for Women, Thanjore, affiliated to Bharadhidasan University, Trichy.
Outstanding in Master of computer Applications from Loyola College affiliated to University of madras.
Outstanding in Master of Philosophy in computer Science from Priest University, Thanjore.
Ph.d in Computer Applications and Computer Science from University of Madras.
Awarded “Best YOUNG Researcher” during 2018 organized by IIR Chennai.
Awarded “Best Paper Presenter” (2019) in ICSTR Singapore – International Conference on Science & Technology Research, Singapore.
Life time member of the scholarly Association “Scientific & Technical Research Association (STRA)”.
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. Survey on Segmentation Techniques for Spinal Cord Images, International Journal of Data Mining Techniques and Applications, Vol. 5, Issue 2, 2016, pp. 121-124, DOI: 10.20894/IJDMTA.102.005.002.005, ISSN: 2278-2419.
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. “Abnormality Feature Extraction in the Spinal Cord MRI Using K-Means Clustering.” International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering (IJERCSE) Vol 5, Issue 3, March 2018.
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. “Identification of Abnormality in Spinal cord Using IP-FCM Clustering Algorithm”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 ,No. 16 2018, 439-446 ISSN: 1314-3395 .
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala, “Extraction of spinal cord tumor from clinical spine MRI using integrated models”, in IEEE JCJEJS-2018,CFP18Q63-PRJ:978-1-5386-7321-8.
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. “Assimilation of Clustering Technique for Computing Spinal Cord Tumor”, Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, Vol. 10, 13-Special Issue, 2018, 1214-446 ISSN: 1314-1220.
Shyni Carmel Mary S., S. C., & Sasikala, S. (2019) “An expert system of mri spinal cord tumor types using glcm features for classification techniques” MATTER: International Journal of Science and Technology, 5(2).
Shyni Carmel Mary S., S. C., & Sasikala, S. (2019)” A decision support system for mri spinal cord tumor detection” , SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology” ISSN: 2191-530X.
Shyni Carmel Mary and S. Sasikala (2021) chapter entitled “Healthcare Applications of the Biomedical AI System” in Handbook of Artificial Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering ,Springer CRC press taylor and francis group Apple academic press, 1st Edtion, ISBN 9781771889209.
Shyni Carmel Mary, Dr. A. Clement King & S. Vijaya Peter Raj – conversion file format: audio file into text file using binary conversion algorithm – Journal of software engineering and technology international sciences press issn: 0975-6159 July 2009
Presented papers at International Level Conferences
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. “Abnormality Feature Extraction in the Spinal Cord MRI Using K-Means Clustering.” March 2018
Shyni Carmel Mary, Survey on Segmentation Techniques for Spinal Cord Images, Siga organized by Don Bosco College and IIR Group of companies.2016.
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala. “Identification of Abnormality in Spinal cord Using IP-FCM Clustering Algorithm”, 2018 .
Shyni Carmel Mary, S. Sasikala, “Extraction of spinal cord tumor from clinical spine MRI using integrated models”, in IEEE JCJEJS-2018.
Shyni Carmel Mary S., S. C., & Sasikala, S. (2019) “An expert system of mri spinal cord tumor types using glcm features for classification techniques” , NUS association club , Singapore.
Shyni Carmel Mary S., S. C., & Sasikala, S. (2019)” A decision support system for mri spinal cord tumor detection” ICDSMLA 2019 ,
Shyni Carmel Mary, Dr. A. Clement King & S. Vijaya Peter Raj – conversion file format: audio file into text file using binary conversion algorithm – July 2009 .
Shyni Carmel Mary, Computer-Aided Design Tool For Geometric Object Creation At School Level, International Conference On Mathematics & Computer Science (ICMCS’08) organized by Loyola College , Chennai – 34 on 25-26th July 2008.
Presented papers at National Level Conferences
Shyni Carmel Mary ,Learning Object Creation For Geometry At School Level Using Graphics Algorithm National Conference On Intelligent E-Learning System (NCIES’08) organized by VEL TECH ( Engineering College ) , Chennai – 62 on 25th and 26th July 2008.
Shyni Carmel Mary, Audio File to Text Conversion by Using Binary Conversion Method, National Conference on Research Trends in Computer Application (NCRTCA’09) organized by Loyola College, Chennai -34 on 5 and 6th March 2009.
- International Conference on Computational Science & its Application (ICCSA-2018) in Sri Ramasamy Naidu Memorial College, Sattur, Tamil Nadu on 16th March 2018.
- Workshop on Machine Learning Techniques, Tools and Applications Organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering Gundy , Anna University,Chennai-25 on February 23rd to 25th 2018.
- One day Workshop on MATLAB Robo Tryst 2018, Organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd , IIT Delhi on 23rd Feb 2018 to 26th Feb 2018.
- Two Days Hands-on Workshop on: Deep Learning for Computer Vision in LIMCOS, Loyola College,Chennai-34 on September 2nd & 3rd 2017.
- National Workshop on Statistical Data Analysis using R-Programming in IIR,ISTE, Professional center, Anna University campus DEC 9th 2017.
- Participated in National Conference on Research Trends in Communication (NCCT’09) organized by Auxilium College, Vellore on 25th Sept 2009.
- National seminar on research trends in information technology at SENGAMALA THAYAAR EDUCATIONAL TRUST WOMENS COLLEGE on 20th September 2017.
- Participated in TWO DAYS WORKSHOP ON APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORKS organized by KINGSTON Engineering College, Vellore, on 18-19 Dec 2010.
- Participated as Organized member volunteer for Cyber String 06 Forum for Advanced Computing Technologies (FACT), Department of Computer Sciences, Loyola College, Chennai-34 on 15-16 Dec 2006.
- Active forum member for Forum for Advanced Computing Technologies (FACT) , Department of Computer Sciences , Loyola College Chennai-34 for the academic Year 2007-08.
- National level Seminar on research methodology and project proposal, D.G.Vishnava, Chennai, on 14th &15th Oct 2011.
- State level seminar on security in information technology, Auxilium College, Vellore, on 7th sep 2011.
- Participated in International Conference on Conducted by IBM 15th,&16th Nov 2012.
- Participated in the R training organized at Shri Krishnaswamy College for Women in January 2020 semester with course material provided by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay.
- Participated in 5 days online Faculty Development Programme on the topic “Introduction to Data Science” organized by Department of Science and Engineering, Guntur Engineering College from 18th may, 2020 to 22nd may, 2020 .
- Participated in national level webinar on Post COVID -19 an entrepreneurship opportunities and government initiatives organized by Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnava College held on 24 may 2020.
- Participated in Leadership talk organized be St Joseph’s College of arts and science, Chennai jointly with MHRD innovation cell, government of India held on 30 may 2020.
- Participated in online Quiz titled Python Programming Organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell, P.G. Department of Computer Science, Computer Applications, ISM and Information Technology, The New College, Chennai-600 014 on 02-06-2020.
- Participated in “Webinar on Recent Trends in Computer Science” jointly organized by Yelagiri Hills ACM Chapter and School of Computing Science on 8.7.2020.
- Participated in one week international level Faculty Development Programme on the topic “Data analysis using R” organized by Department of Sciences of St. Claret College, Bengaluru from 7th to 12th December 2020.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on DATA ANALYTICS FOR INNOVATIVE RESEARCH organized by the Department of Computer Applications, in association with IQAC and IIC of SKPC from 17/05/2021 to 21/05/2021.
- Participated in two-day online Faculty Development Programme on ICT TOOLS FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING organized by the Department of Computer Applications on 7.6.2021 and 8.6.2021.
- Participated in Ten days FDP on ARTIFICIAL INELLIGENCE organized by four steps Solutions from 22 May to 01 May, 2021.
- Successfully completed Certificate course in Developing Application Using Core JAVA Course conducted by NIIT, New Delhi on Jan 2007.
- Successfully completed .NET Fundamentals (C#2.0, ASP .NET 2.0) Course from DO-IT, T. Nagar, and Chennai from Dec-08 to Jan 09.
- Successfully completed Desk Top Completion (DTP) from Bon Secours College for Women from Aug -2004 to Jan 2005.
- Successfully completed Matlab training program at IIT Delhi.
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Big Data
- Data Analytics