Dr. S. Uma Priyadharshini
Qualification & Specialization: MBA (Finance), PG Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, ACS (Inter), Ph. D (Bharathidasan University).
Experience in Years – Teaching/Practice/Industry/Research: 8 years of teaching / 6 years of research
Dr. S. Uma Priyadharshini is Chair, Centre for Ethics & Corporate Governance (CEG) and an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance at LIBA. She has over 7 years of teaching experience and has been feted with the award for academic excellence in the year 2013. Her doctoral thesis was in the field of Behavioural finance. She has cleared both National Eligibility Test (NET) and State Eligibility Test (SET), and in addition she has completed the Executive Programme of the Company Secretaryship course from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). She was the University rank holder and college topper in her post-graduation and under graduation respectively, besides being awarded the best outgoing student of the year by her college. She has also been the topper in the subject Tax Laws in the Trichy Chapter of ICSI. She has organized several guest lectures, workshops and webinars. She has also guided funded projects. As a passionate teacher, committed to the academics and research, she has published papers in UGC listed journals and has presented papers in National & International conferences organized by premiere management Institutes like IIM.
Dr. S. Uma Priyadharshini was awarded her Ph. D in the area of Finance by Bharathidasan University. She has completed MBA (Finance) from Bharathidasan University She has pursued PG Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Alagappa University, Karaikudi. She has completed Executive Programme of the Company Secretaryship course from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). She is credited with clearing both National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grants Commission and the State Eligibility Test (SET) conducted by Mother Theresa University, Kodaikanal.
- “Influence of Big-Five personality traits on Investment decisions of Retail Investors- An Empirical Approach”, PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/ Egyptology (PJAEE), Scopus Indexed, 17 No. 9 (2020)
- “A Study on impact of recession in real estate Industry on Investment decisions of retail investors with special reference to Chennai City”, Journal of the Gujarat research society, UGC CARE LISTED Journal, (ISSN:0374-8588), Vol.21, Issue 16, Dec 2019
- “Impact of Demonetization on Performance of selected Banks listed in NSE-An Empirical Study” International Journal for Research and Analytical Reviews (ISSN 2348-1269), Vol 6, Issue 1, Feb 2019.
- “Effectiveness of Education loan in Empowering rural area students with special reference to Kanchipuram and Thiruvallur districts”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Vol 6, Issue 1, Jan 2019.
- “Influence of Demographic factors on setting of Investment Objective and Selection of Investment Alternative”, International Journal of Management Review, (ISSN No: 2348 4373), Vol.1, March 2018.
- Influence of Demographic Variables on Investment Decisions of Retail Investors with Special Reference to Cuddalore Town, Global Journal for Research Analysis,(ISSN No:2277-8160), Vol 6, Issue 3, March 2017
- Retail Investor’s Behaviour Towards Various Life Insurance Policies of LIC With Special Reference to Cuddalore Town, International Journal of Scientific Research, (ISSN No:2277-8179), Vol 6, Issue 04, April 2017
- A Study on Efficient Market Hypothesis of Indian Capital Market, April 2014, International Journal of Management Review, (ISSN No: 2348 4373), Vol.1,April 2014
- A Study on Semi Strong form Efficiency of Selected FMCG Companies listed in NSE, April 2014, International Journal of Management Review, (ISSN No: 2348 4373),Vol.1,April 2014
- A Study on Women’s Economic Empowerment through Microfinance, Indian Journal of Research, (ISSN No:2250 –1991), Vol2, Issue 4, April 2013.
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops Attended
- Presented Paper titled “Global lessons from local Practices –A study on employee engagement practices in healthcare sector”, in the international conclave “Globalizing Indian Thought 2020”, organized by IIM Calicut on 18th Jan 2020.
- Attended One week EDP on Model Building using AMOS, organized by the Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry University in August 2020
- Attended five day workshop on E views organized by IMS Ghaziabad in June 2020
- Attended five Day workshop on R programming by Institute of Statistics and Analytical Review in May 2020
- Attended one week FDP on Smart PLS Organized by Research Siksha in May 2020.
- Presented research paper entitled, “Influence of Big five Personality traits on the Investment Decisions of Retail investors”, ICABTM 2019, organized by Sathyabama University, Mar 2019
- Attended and presented paper in the National Conference on “Rural Entrepreneurship-An enterprise to inclusive growth” held at Ethiraj College for Women on (Jan 2018).
- Attended workshop on “SEM analysis using AMOS”, at Ethiraj College for Women (Dec 2018).
- Attended and presented paper in the National Conference on “Rural Entrepreneurship-An enterprise to inclusive growth” held at Ethiraj College for Women on (Jan 2018)
- Attended Conference on “Winning Strategies” conducted by the Madras Management Association (Oct, 2013).
- Attended Conference on “Re-imagining education” organized by TEDX in (Aug, 2013).
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on teaching pedagogy conducted by NITTRR, at CK College of Engineering & Technology, Cuddalore, (July, 2013)
- Attended AICTE sponsored national level seminar on “Personality Development Programme” conducted by EGS Pillay college of Engineering & Technology, Nagapattinam, (May, 2013).
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on research methods in Management &Social Sciences at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Feb, 2013).
- Attended Workshop on Business Modelling organized by PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore (Nov, 2012)
Funded Projects & Workshops
- Guided funded project titled “A Study on effectiveness of education loan in empowering rural area students with special reference to Cuddalore District”. The Tamilnadu State Council for Science& Technology (TANSCST) sanctioned Rs.10000 for the project and it has been successfully completed and the report has been submitted to the council in Sep 2013.
- Coordinator for AICTE Sponsored Workshop on “Multivariate Research Techniques in Management” at CK College of Engineering & Technology, Cuddalore. (May, 2013)
- Accounting for Managers
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets & Services
- Behavioural Finance
- Indirect Taxation.
Industry Associated with