Dr. M. Ramasubramaniam
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : M.E., Ph.D. (I.I.Sc., Bangalore) Operations Management
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 14 years of teaching / 01 years of industry / 10 years of research and consulting
Dr Ramasubramaniam is an Associate Professor in the centre for Logistics & Supply Chain Management at LIBA. He is a ‘Certified Supply Chain Professional’ and also a ‘Wrox Certified Big Data Analyst’. His areas of interests include Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics and Operations Management. He has a fine blend of teaching, research and consulting experience. His consulting experience includes involves leading organisations such as Indian Flavors & Fragrances, Optirisk India, CMC Limited, ATG Tires India and TVS Logistics in the areas of Supply Chain Management and Analytics. He is also a visiting faculty at Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain innovation, Malaysia which is part of the renowned MIT Boston’s Global Scale Network.
International Journal Publications
- Tholath, D. I., Ramasubramaniam, M., & Xavier, M. J. “Comparing and Contrasting India’s NEP 2020 And UNESCO’S Educational Policy Using Text Analytics”. International Journal of Business and Economics, 6(1), 63-73, 2021.
- M. Mathirajan and Dr M. Ramasubramaniam, “Efficient Heuristic Solution Methodologies for Scheduling Batch Processor with Incompatible Job-Families, Non-Identical Job-Sizes and Non-Identical Job-Dimensions”, Advances in Production Management Systems, 2019.
- Sasikumar, A., Natarajan, K., Ramasubramaniam, M., D. Nallasamy, “Optimal inventory policy in a closed loop supply chain system with multiple periods”, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 10(2), 237, 2017.
- Sasikumar, A., Natarajan, K., Ramasubramaniam, “An Inventory Model for a Closed Loop Supply Chain Considering Product Life Cycle in a Discrete Period”, Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 2016.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “Heuristic algorithms for scheduling a heat-treatment furnace of steel-casting foundry manufacturing”, International Journal of Advanced Operations Management, Vol. 3, No. 3/4, 2011.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan. V. Ramachandran, “Minimizing Makespan on a Single Heat-Treatment Furnace in Steel Casting Industry”, International Journal of Services and Operations Management (Inderscience Publication), Vol. 7, pp. 112-142, 2010.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “A Solution Framework for Scheduling a BPM with Non-identical Job Dimensions”, Journal of Industrial Management & Optimization (American Mathematical Sciences), Vol. 3, No. 3, 2007.
- A Sasikumar, K Natarajan, M Ramasubramaniam. “An Inventory Model for a Closed Loop Supply Chain Considering Product Life Cycle in a Discrete Period”. International Conference on Systems, Science, Control, Communication, engineering and Technology 165-176, 2016.
Published Case Studies
- Badri Toppur, Ramasubramaniam M. Maritime Inventory Routing and Crude Oil Logistics Planning at a Petroleum Company (Revised) , Case Centre, 2021.
- Badri Toppur, Ramasubramaniam M. Maritime Inventory Routing and Crude Oil Logistics Planning at a Petroleum Company (Original Version), Case Centre, 2019
- Ramasubramaniam, M. “Frequent Flyer Programs – Bottomline at the expense of Customer Satisfaction”, CERTATUS 2017, LIBA CASE CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS, 2017.
- Chandrasekaran, N. and Ramasubramaniam, M. “Aligning Supply Chain of Sweet Corn Processor for Growth, Case Centre, 2015
- Ramasubramaniam, M., and P. Chandiran. “Waste to Wealth—A Distant Dream?: Challenges in the Waste Disposal Supply Chain in Bangalore, India.” In “The Supply Chain Management Casebook: Comprehensive Coverage and Best Practices in SCM”, FT Press (Operations Management), 2013.
- “Ethical Supply Chain Management in India: An Empirical Study”, N. Chandrasekaran, M. Ramasubramaniam, Rev.Fr.M.P.Christie, S.J, & Rev. Fr. Paul Fernandes, Shroff Publishers. 2012.
- Reviewer for End of Chapter Exercise problems for the Textbook: “Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management” by Bozarth, Hanfield, Chandiran, Pearson Publications, International Edition.
- Ramasubramaniam, M. and Karthiayani, A. (2021) “Traceability Systems and Technologies For Sustainability In Food Supply Chains”, Accepted for Publication in Lean and Green Manufacturing: Towards Eco-efficiency and Business, Springer Book Series, ISBN 978-981-16-5550-0.
- Chandrasekaran and Ramasubramaniam, M. (2021) “Impact of Policy Change on Sustainability Initiatives by Indian Firms”, Accepted for Publication in Lean and Green Manufacturing: Towards Eco-efficiency and Business, Springer Book Series, ISBN 978-981-16-5550-0.
- Mathirajan, M., Ravindra Gokhale, and M. Ramasubramaniam. “Modeling of Scheduling Batch Processor in Discrete Parts Manufacturing.” Supply Chain Strategies, Issues and Models. Springer London, 153-192, 2014..
National Journal Publication
- Chandrasekaran, M. Ramasubramaniam., “Responsible Procurement in India: Some Perspectives”, Management Matters, Vol.1, Issue 13, 31-34, 2010.I
International Conference Proceedings
- Ramasubramaniam, M., Chandrsekaran, N., “An Empirical Analysis of Customer Experience in E-Business Supply Chain”, Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Social Sciences, KU Leuven, 2018.
- Ramasubramaniam, M., and M. Mathirajan. “A Mathematical Model for Scheduling a Batch Processing Machine with Multiple Incompatible Job Families, Non-identical Job dimensions, Non-identical Job sizes, Non-agreeable release times and due dates.” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. Vol. 46. No. 1. IOP Publishing, 2013.
- N. Chandrasekaran, M. Ramasubramaniam., “Enabling supply chain efficiencies through technology and process integration: A framework”, POMS 2012 Annual Conference, Chicago, 2012.
- P. Chandiran, M. Ramasubramaniam., “Solid waste recovery supply chain networks – Structure and Operations”, POMS 2012 Annual Conference, Chicago, 2012.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “Scheduling Parallel Non-identical Batch Processing Machines with a Single Job Family, Non-identical Job Dimensions and Non-Identical Job Sizes”, Proceedings of International Conference on Operational Research for Urban and Rural Development, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, December 15-17, 2010.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “Scheduling a Heat Treatment Furnace with Multiple Incompatible Job Families, Non-Identical Job Sizes, Non-identical job Dimensions and Non-agreeable Release times and Duedates”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Operations Research Application in Engineering and Management, Anna University Trichy, 27-29 May, 2009.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “Scheduling a Heat Treatment Furnace in a Steel Casting Industry with a Single Job Family”, Proceedings of 11th Annual Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications & Practice, Nagoya, Japan, Oct 24-27, 2006.
- M.Ramasubramaniam, M.Mathirajan., “A Solution Framework for Scheduling a Batch Processing Machine with Non-identical Job Dimensions”, Proceedings of International Conference on Operations Research Applications in Infrastructure Development, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Dec 27-29, 2005.
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Production Scheduling
Industries Associated With