Prof. P. C. Lakshmi Narayanan
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.L., M.Com., M.B.A. (Finance & HR), Ph.D. (Bharathidasan Univ,) – Finance
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 25 years of teaching / 02 years of industry
Prof. Lakshmi Narayanan started his career as a Research Analyst and Sub-broker in the stock market and turned subsequently to academics with over 25 years of teaching experience. He has a degree in law and a Doctorate in Finance. He has a unique distinction of clearing the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission both in Commerce and Management. His research interests are in the areas of Capital Markets and Company / Labour Laws. He has published several papers in leading national journals and magazines. He teaches Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, Industrial Relations and other law-related subjects.
Prof. Lakshmi Narayanan was awarded his Ph.D., in the area of Finance from Bharathidasan University, Trichy. He has a Masters Degree in Commerce as well as Masters Degree in Management from Madras University. He also has a Law degree to his credit. He has a rare distinction of clearing the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship both in commerce and management conducted by the University Grants Commission.
- Conducted a one-day Faculty Development Programme for the faculty members of Soka Ekda College for woman, Korattur, Chennai.
- Conducted a one-day Faculty Development Programme for the faculty members of T.S. Krishnaswamy college of Arts and Science, Chennai.
- Conducted a one-day Faculty Development Programme for the faculty members of Kodaikanal Christian College, Kodaikanal.
- Conducted a one-day Faculty Development Programme for the faculty members of Thiruthangal Nadar College, Chennai
- Handled a session in Contract Act and the Negotiable Instrument Act for Jesuits of various provinces of South India
- Conducted a one day Faculty Development Programme for the faculty members of Tagore College of Arts and Science, Chromepet, Chennai.
- Published a paper on “START-UP TO STARDOM: AN ACCESS OF THE GROWTH OF E-TICKETING FIRM “BOOK MY SHOW” in the International Journal of Innovative Technology and exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-8, Issue-11S, September 2019.
- Published a paper titled “MANDATORY CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: A BLESSING IN DISGUISE” in Management Matters, LIBA Journal of Management (ISSN 2279-0187) during the Jan – June 2016
- Published a paper on “ THE IMPORTANCE OF STRATEGIC HR PLANNING IN EFFECTIVE CSR IMPLEMENTATION” in a UGC sponsored National Conference organized by Department of Commerce, University of Madras during December 2013 (ISBN 978-81-925376-8-9)
- Published a paper on “AN EMPIRICAL STUDY ON THE ROLE OF FOREIGN INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS IN INDIAN STOCK MARKET” in the book titled the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Indian Economy, Excel Books, New Delhi (ISBN 978-81-7446-843-7)
- Published a paper on “WHISTLE BLOWING – AN EVOLVING CORPORATE CULTURE IN INDIA” in MM University Journal of Management Practices (ISSN 0974 7257) – a bi-annual refereed journal of management in December 2009
- Published a paper on “Published a paper on “EDUCATION CESS” in HRD TIMES in May 2009
- Published a paper on “REGULATION OF SECURITIES MARKET” in HRD TIMES in April 2005
- Presented a paper on “START-UP TO STARDOM: AN ANALYSIS OF THE GROWTH OF E-TICKETING FIRM “BOOK MY SHOW” in the AICTE Sponsored International Conference at Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai during September 2019
- Presented a paper on “MEDICAL TOURISM” in an International Conference on GLOBAL BUSINESS STRATEGY IN COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT organized by Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai during September 2007
- Presented a paper on “FINANCIAL SERVICES” in the National Seminar organized by Madras Christian College, Chennai during September 2006
- Presented a paper on “FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT – OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AND CHALLENGES FACED BY INDIA IN THE GLOBALIZED ERA” in the PLANNING COMMISSION SPONSORED National Seminar at Khadir Mohideen College, Adirampattinam during August 2006
- Presented a paper on “AN OUTLOOK OF THE INDIAN TEXTILE INDUSTRY IN THE POST QUOTA REGIME” in the National Seminar organized by P.R. Institute of Management, Thanjavur during February 2005
- Presented a paper on “EMERGING ECONOMIC SCENARIO OF GLOBALISATION ON DEVELOPING COUNTRIES – OPPORTUNITIES & CHALLENGES” in an International seminar organized by P.R. Institute of Management, Thanjavur during February 2004
- Presented a paper on “IMPACT OF GLOBALISATION ON STOCK MARKET” in a UGC sponsored National seminar organized by Khadir Mohideen College, Adirampattinam during August 2003
- Chairperson, International Conference on “TRANSFORMATION IN INDUSTRY IN AN ERA OF DIGITALIZATION: CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNTIES” at PG & Research Department of Commerce, Guru Nanak College, Chennai 28th September 2019
- Co-ordinator, “ESPIRE – PAN INDIA BUSINESS PLAN SEARCH” organized by LIBA in collaboration with TIE, Chennai for the years 2010 and 2011
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the National Conference on “FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT” organized by the Department of Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai on 10th and 11th February 2010
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the International Conference on “MAKING CORPORATE GOVERNANCE WORK” organized by the Department of Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai & London South Bank University, U.K., on 6th and 7th January 2010
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the International Conference on “INNOVATIONS – ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF LIFE” organized by the Department of Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai on 12th and 13th January 2009
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the National Conference on “HIGHER EDUCATION AT CROSS ROADS” organized by Loyola College, Chennai during February 2008
- Member of the Organizing Committee for the International Symposium on “GLOBAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES” organized by the Department of Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai on 15th and 16th February 2007
- Working Committee Member “CAMPUS 2010” – National Seminar on Information Communication Technologies with human face organized by Loyola College, Chennai on 6th and 7th February 2006
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Participated in the “9th INDIAN MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE – 2018” organized by MBAUniverse.com during August 3-4, 2018, hosted by the IIM, Bangalore.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “Using Blended MOOCs” on 27th April 2018 at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Participated in the Symposium on “THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISES 10 YEARS ON: LOOKING BACK TO LOOK FORWARD” organized by the Reserve Bank of India Staff College, Chennai during December 7-8, 2017.
- Participated in the “8th INDIAN MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE – 2017” organized by MBAUniverse.com during August 4-5, 2017, hosted by the IIM, Lucknow.
- Participated in the “STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION COURSE” conducted by the Strategic Management Forum & IIM Bangalore during 24-28 December 2012.
- Participated in the Workshop on “A GUIDE TO GETTING PUBLISHED” conducted by the Emerald Literati Network during September 2012
- Participated in the Workshop on “FINANCIAL MARKETS” conducted by the National Stock Exchange of India during October 2009
- Participated in the UGC sponsored Workshop on “Question Bank in Commerce” organized by Loyola College on 10th March 2009
- Participated in the National Conference on “INDIAN BANKING: CHALLENGES IN THE POST LIBERALISATION ERA” organized by the Department of Commerce, Loyola College during January 2007
- Participated in the seminar on “NEW ECONOMY: EDUCATIONAL CHALLENGES” organized by St. Joseph’s College, Trichy on 26th & 27th June 2003
- Participated in the National conference on “25 YEARS OF AUTONOMY – VISION, EXPERIENCES AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS” held between 5th and 7th February 2003 in Loyola College, Chennai
- Participated in a One day seminar sponsored by INDIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY, Tamil Nadu Branch, at the New College, Chennai on 29th March 2000
- Participated in the State level seminar on “E-COMMERCE” at M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women on 3rd December 1999
- Participated in One day seminar on “HIGHER EDUCATION – EMERGING TRENDS” on 14th May 1998 organized by Centre for Entrepreneurial Development, Madurai.
- Participated in the Workshop on “DOING THE SELF-STUDY” conducted by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) on 11th December 1997 at Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “BUSINESS FINANCE AND INVESTMENTS” organized by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, Hyderabad between 4th and 9th December 1995
- Participated in the “ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR TEACHING FACULTY” conducted by Kodaikanal Christian College, Kodaikanal between 10th July and 11th July 1995
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Financial Services
- Business laws
- Labour laws & Industrial relations
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
Industries Associated With
- Stock broking
- Legal, Regulations and Compliance