Rev. Fr. G. Victor Roch, S.J.
Fr. G. Victor Roch SJ was a gold medalist in his bachelor’s (B.Sc, Botany) and master’s (M.Sc Biotechnology) degrees in Loyola College, Chennai. He has also two more bachelor’s degree with distinction in Philosophy and in Theology and a master’s in Botany. His ongoing Ph. D research is in the area of Botany and Biotechnology.
- P. Ajeesh Krishna, T. Maharajan, G. Victor Roch, M. Ramakrishnan, S. Antony Ceasar & S. Ignacimuthu (2020): Hybridization and hybrid detection through molecular markers in finger millet [Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.], Journal of Crop Improvement, DOI:10.1080/15427528.2019.1709596.
- Victor Roch, Theivanayagam Maharajan, Stanislaus Antony Ceasar and Savarimuthu Ignacimuthu (2019). Role of PHT1 family transporters in the acquisition and redistribution of phosphorus in plants. Critical reviews in plant sciences. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/07352689.2019.1645402.
- Ajeesh Krishna TP., Maharajan T., David RHA., Ramakrishnan M., Ceasar SA., Duraipandiyan V., Victor Roch., Ignacimuthu S (2018). Microsatellite markers of finger millet (Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn) and foxtail millet (Setaria italica (L.) Beauv) provide resources for cross-genome transferability and genetic diversity analyses in other millets. Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 16:493-501. UGC Approved No: 14549, ISSN: 18788181.
- Host Antony David Rajendran, Beutline Malgija, Nivetha Sarah Ebenezer, Uma Maheswari, Victor Roch G, Joyce Priyakumari, Savarimuthu Ignacimuthu (2018). Homology modeling and molecular docking studies of Purple acid Phosphatase from Setaria italica (Foxtail millet). International Journal of Scientific Research in Biological Sciences. Vol.5, Issue.4, pp. 119-124.
- Antony Ceasar, S., Maharajan, T., Ajeesh Krishna, T.P., Ramakrishnan, M., Victor Roch, G., Satish, L. and Ignacimuthu, S., (2018). Finger Millet (Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.) improvement: Current status and future interventions of whole genome sequence. Frontiers in plant science, 9, p.1054. UGC Approved No: ISSN: 1664462
- Antony Ceasar, M. Ramakrishnan, K. K. Vinod, G. Victor Roch, Hari D. Upadhyaya, Alison Baker, S. Ignacimuthu, Diverse phenotypic responses and phosphate content in foxtail millet genotypes under greenhouse and field conditions. Journal of bioRxiv, 607515.
- Ruban Babu, Jayabalan Jayaprakash, Maria Packiam, Victor Roch G, Ramakrishnan and Ignacimuthu. Eco-friendly utilization of citrus peels for citric acid production by Aspergillus Niger. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research Vol. 8, Issue, 6, pp. 17882-17885, June, 2017.
- Victor Roch. G, Maharajan, T and Antony Ceasar S. “Review on role of PHT1 family transporters in acquisition and redistribution of phosphorus in plants” International conference on Bio-Commerce 2019, organized by Department of Zoology and Research Centre, Aditanar College of arts and Science, Tiruchendur – 628 216, Tamil Nadu, India on 14-15, March 2019.
- Krishna TPA., Maharajan T., Victor Roch G., Edwin Hillary V., Antony Ceasar S., Duraipandiyan V., Adarsh Krishna T.P., Sanis Juliet and Ignacimuthu S. “Importance and Implications of Molecular Markers for Identification and Authentication of Medicinal Plants – A Review”. National Symposium on Natural Products for Human Health, conducted by Entomology Research Institute, (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, during February 7-8, 2019.
- Victor Roch. G, Antony Ceasar S., Duraipandiyan V and Ignacimuthu S. “Foxtail millet genotypes display diverse phenotypic responses to low phosphate stress”. National Seminar on Abiotic Stress Management: Challenges & Opportunities, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore, October 25-26, 2018.
- Victor Roch. G, Antony Ceasar S., Duraipandiyan V and Ignacimuthu S. Global phosphate crisis and the role of phosphate Transporters 1 (PHT1) genes in plants: A Review”. National Conference on Trends and Innovations in Biological Sciences, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai, February 14-15, 2018.
Conferences and Seminars
- National Symposium on “Natural Products for Human Health” conducted by Entomology Research Institute (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, during February 7-8, 2019.
- National Seminar on “Innovations in Solid Waste and Waste water Management in Educational Institutions” organized by Entomology Research Institute (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai at Rapinat Auditorium in collaboration with Environmental Information System (ENVIS) center, University of Madras, Chennai on August, 21, 2019.
- National Symposium on “Taxonomy, Biodiversity and Conservation” organized by PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology and Loyola Institute of Frontier Energy (LIFE), Loyola College, Chennai in collaboration with Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), Kolkata on February 11th – 12th 2019.
- National Seminar on “Abiotic Stress Management: Challenges & Opportunities” organized by Department of Crop Physiology, Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India during October 25-26, 2018.
- Workshop on “Beekeeping for Sustainable Income” conducted by Entomology Research Institute, Entomology Research Institute (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, during 29th September 2018.
- Symposium on “Chemistry-Biology Interface” conducted by Indian Chemical Society and Entomology Research Institute, Entomology Research Institute (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, during 11th August 2018
- Meeting of the south Asian Assistancy, Jesuits in Science forum at the Xavier Research Foundation: Loyola Center for Research and Development, St. Xavier’s College campus, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 24th & 25th February, 2018.
- National symposium on “Insect and their Environment Friendly Management” organized by Entomology Research Institute (ERI), Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, during 1 – 2, February 2018.
- Full time course of advanced training in “Analysis by Gas Chromatography” for one week(s) from 27/03/2017 to 31/03/2017 consisting of related theory and practice.
- National level research scholar workshop on Geospatial Tool and Techniques for Bioresource Management on 6-11, February, 2017 conducted by PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Loyola College, Chennai- 600034.
- National workshop on Innovations in Water Resource Management in Educational Institutions on 24-25, November, 2016 organized by Loyola Institute of Frontiers Energy (LIFE) and Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai – 600 034.
- “Workshop on Research Methodology” held from 9th to 13th December 2016, organized by the Dean of Research and Loyola Institute of Social Science Training and Research (LISSTAR) at Loyola College, Chennai.
- Regional workshop on Heavy Metal Analysis Using Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer on 26 October, 2016 conducted by PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Loyola College, Chennai- 600034.
Invited talks/Resource person
Served as a Recourse Person and handled practical section in the National Workshop for Biologist on Practical Biotechnology from 5th to 8th February, 2019 organized by Environmental Monitoring Research Laboratory, PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Loyola College, Chennai. Sponsored by DBT, CSIR and TANSCHE.
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Marker Assisted Selection & Functional Genomics
- Phenotypic & Genotypic Study
- Genetic Engineering
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Biotic & Abiotic Stress Management
- Phytochemistry & Pharmacology
- Insect-Pest management
- Food Security
Other Areas of Interest
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Formation of youth