Dr. A. SILUVAIRAJA
QUALIFICATION & SPECIALIZATION : B.Com, PG Diploma in Marketing Management, PG Diploma in Peace and Value Education, M.A(Public Administration), Master of Marketing Management, MBA, M.Phil, Ph.D. – Entrepreneurship & Marketing
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS TEACHING/PRACTICE/INDUSTRY/RESEARCH : 08 years in industry / 20 years in Academics
Dr. Siluvairaja is presently the Chair – Admissions, LIBA and former Chair Informatics Centre, a CSR Initiative of LIBA. A certified “Entrepreneurship Educator” by Stanford, IIMB and NEN, he has over eight years of experience in the industry and has been with the institute for the last twenty years. He has designed and conducted several EDPs, seminars, and workshops. He has published papers, articles and books. He has developed Career Planning modules for the students. His areas of interest include Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Career Planning and General Management. He teaches Marketing and Entrepreneurship courses at the institute. Besides several paper presentations he has published a book on “Educational Entrepreneurship’. He has conducted more than 50 EDP’s for aspiring entrepreneurs. Apart from identifying, organising, executing various real-time projects he has also co-ordinated the RITES (Rail India Technical & Economic Services) sponsored National Study “To identify the Passengers Preferences inside the Rail Coach”. He has also assisted in US Aid sponsored action Research project of WLSME LIBA-CISSD project.
Also In charge of MSME related activities and interventions in Prof.C.K.Prahalad Centre for Emerging India, LIBA, Chennai. Faculty Co-ordinator for Espire (Entrepreneurship & Innovation club) of LIBA.
- B.Com,(Loyola College)
- M.A Public Administration, (University of Madras)
- Master of Marketing Management, (Pondicherry University)
- MBA, (Madurai Kamaraj University)
- M.Phil, (Madurai Kamaraj University)
- EPGDMM(Loyola Institute of Business Administration),
- P.G.Dip. Peace and Value Education(Madurai Kamaraj University),
- “Entrepreneurship Educator” jointly certified by Stanford, IIMB and NEN.
- Participated and presented a paper on” Efficient and Effective Educational Services-suggestions to stakeholders”, in the National Conference on Higher Education in India: Opportunities and Challenges organized by the UGC-Academic Staff College, Madurai Kamaraj University November 2013.
- Participated and presented a paper on “ERP Scope and Careers”, in International Conference on “Human Compute Interaction-Redefining Corporate Paradigms” organized by WCC, Chennai 16th & 17th February 2015.
- Participated and presented a paper on “Women Entrepreneurship- Problems, Challenges and suggestions”, in the UGC sponsored International Conference on development goals at the grass roots; policy perspectives and challenges in GRI, Dindugal in 22 – 23rd June 2015.
Articles & Books Published
- “Entrepreneurship in Higher Education”, 2015, ABH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi ISBN 978-93-313-2580-8.
- “Educational Entrepreneurs in Tamilnadu – A Profile”, Journal of Entrepreneurship & Management, Volume 4 Issue 1.
- “Self-supporting Higher Educational Institutions in Tamilnadu – A Profile”, Excellence in Education – A Peer Reviewed Journal, Volume V, Number 1, Jan-De 2016.
- “Marketing mix and Policy Implications – Suggestions to Stakeholders”, International Journal of Business Management and Scientific Research, Vol- 28 (1) April Issue 2017.
Consultancy/Live Projects Done
- Successfully arranged and guided a live project for ‘Identifying the Market potential for Jewellery’ for Titan Industries Ltd, Hosur.
- Arranged a live project for students “For identifying the Market potential for Broad Band in Chennai” for SIFY Ltd.
- Initiated a consultancy project involving students in “Value maximization through cost cutting and quality enhancement” for Victoria Marine & Agro foods, Chennai.
- Coordinated a national importance study for Rail India Technical and Economic Services(RITES) to “Identify Passenger Preferences in Coach Interiors” for Indian Railways.
- Consulted a welfare project “Vizuthugal” in association with then Joint Commissioner of Police Mr.C.Sylendrababu IPS, to make Chennai City Police a model employer.
- Consulted Kothari group, ‘To identify the potential, trends and profitability of Glass Industry’.
- Consulted & guided Bonsecours Congregation to convert their social centers in rural areas into EDP & skill development centers.
- Assisted in US Aid sponsored action Research project of WLSME LIBA-CISSD project.
- Career Development and General Management.