F R O M T H E D I R EC TOR
Forming men and women for corporate world is not in the domain of vocational skills. Instead it lies in the sacred realm where building character becomes a holistic, integral and formative exercise that helps a student gain a certain facility and ease to face challenges, take calculated risks, and mitigate the risks by which he or she has a deep sense of fulfilment in life
This formation, we believe, is not achieved by acquiring prescriptive knowledge but it is intensively by discerning propositional knowledge that connects organically with the real world of business.
As LIBA focuses on pursuing excellence with ethics, we view this formation as a deliberate approach to excellence, which means unusual goodness surpassing the ordinary to reach the heights of pristine standard of learning. That standard provides an unique and valued position in which a student feels (pathos) thinks (logos) and acts (ethos) in his or her circumstances based on values of goodness, truth and beauty. For excellence is not a skill but an attitude.
In the same way, ethics is not an act but a behaviour that comes from proper self-knowledge leading to appropriate and mature expressions in inter-relational situations. In this, there is an acute awareness of inner motivations, consolations, desolations, and intentions in what one says and does, what we call ‘self-conscious living.’
In fact, this attitude and behaviour make a way of life of everyone who lives, works, and learns in LIBA.
In the courses our students follow, the learning they gain from them and the life they live in the campus we insist that they pursue this kind of excellence that leads to ethical living.
Therefore, LIBA students are competent, committed, creative and compassionate. When they join an organisation they will commit totally to enhance its quality and standard.
You can see this clearly in the profile of students in the brochure in your hand and I know that you will not hesitate to employ them in your enterprises.
Welcome to LIBA, and wish you the best.
Rev. Dr. C. Joe Arun, SJ
- Since the inception of LIBA, it has maintained a reputation of achieving 100% placements for its students
- Highest salary package of Rs 20.5 lakhs per annum
- Median salary package of Rs 11.5 lakhs per annum
- Students are placed in nine industry sectors for Final Placements and twelve distinct industry sectors for Summer Internship
- More than 60 companies participated in the Final Placements
- Highest stipend of Rs. 1,00,000 per month for Summer Internship Placements
- Average stipend of Rs. 26,000 per month for Summer Internship Placements
- Over 50 companies participated in the Summer Internship Placements
|Date and Month||Recruitment activity|
|6th July 2023||Selection of F23 Placement Committee Members|
|31st July 2023||Competency Mapping|
|1st August 2023||Inviting Companies|
|10th August 2023||Placement database collection|
|14th August 2023||Classification of Companies|
|21st August 2023||Placement Training|
|18th September 2023||Summer Internship Placement Process|
|25th September 2023||Final Placement Process|
|1st Jan 2024||Offer Letter Collection|
|April 2024||Placement Brochure Release|
Placement Reports 2022-23
Placement Reports 2020-21
Placement Reports 2019-20
Placement Reports 2018-19
Placements Report 2017-18
Summer Placement Reports 2018-20
Summer Placement Reports 2016-18
Placement Committee (PlaceCom)
1. LIBA placement is driven by a team of selected students
2. Placement team consist of motivated and talented students from first year and second year
3. The Committee focuses on:
- Organizing summer and final placements in campus
- Maintaining and establishing relationship companies through mail, telephone and visit
- Placement data management and Analysis
- Effective communication of placement information to students
- Communicating and meeting the company officials
- Preparation of reports and documentation
4. Entire placement process is monitored and guided by Chair-placements, Advisor-placement and Manager- Placements
5. Father Director of LIBA will give directions and his decisions are final.