Our Director, Rev. Fr. Dr. Joe Arun, S.J. is the guiding force who initiated Student Activities Council in LIBA in the year 2020-21.
Our vision is to assist the management in the execution and organizing of academic and co academic events, alongside, helping students to build leadership skills in alignment with LIBA’s vision of pursuing “excellence with ethics”.
- SAC will be the professional student body of LIBA represented by the students of both first year and second year full-time PGDM students, in line with the mission ofLIBA “to prepare world class leaders who are professionally competent, intellectually sharp, ethically sensitive and socially conscious”
- SAC will be the student body of LIBA representing and overseeing all student-related activities that include academic events and clubs and co-academic events and clubs
- To conduct academic and co-academic student activities at LIBA
- Plan of student activities – Get approval for the year with the proposed budget
- Organise events in consultation with Associate Dean – Student Relations and Co-ordinator Student Relations
- Evaluate the conduct of the events, assess its learning outcomes, prepare a report with statement of accounts and submit to Director with signature of Associate – Dean or Co-ordinator Student Relations.
The elections to SAC are a democratic process. The elections will be mainly conducted for various leadership positions – President, General Secretary, Treasurer, VP-Academic and VP-Co-academic that will be responsible for various academic and co-academic clubs and events.
The Faculty Advisory Committee of SAC oversee and constantly evaluate the progress of the committee. They mentor SAC in its functions and empowers the committee in fulfilling its responsibilities in an excellent manner.
- Dr. P.C. Lakshmi Narayanan , Dean – Academics
- Dr. Shanthi Venkatesh, Associate Dean – Academics
- P. Chandiran , Associate Dean – Part-time & Diploma Programmes
- Dr. B. Aiswarya, Associate Dean – Student Relations & Alumni Relations
- Dr. Deepa Ittimani, Associate Dean – Research
Dr. Deepa R
Coordinator, Student Relations
SAC, The Student Activities Council conducts events throughout the year and plays a key role in making each and every event in LIBA vivacious and indelible.
- Club Interviews
The first activity at the start of the academic year is to induct the students into the different academic and co-academic clubs of the college. This process is carefully planned to take into consideration the requirements of various clubs and the availability of the students.
- Fresher’s Day
Fresher’s Day is conducted for the first-year students to accustom them to the LIBA culture and mingle with the second year students before they dive into their rigorous academic schedules.
LIBArated is the cultural fest of LIBA wherein the first-year students compete with the second-year students in various cultural competitions. The members of SAC are involved in planning the event and getting the students from both the batches to participate in the event. It provides an opportunity for students to exhibit their talent.
Chrysalis is the flagship pan India business fest of LIBA. This event is organized by SAC in collaboration with the other clubs who conduct the events related to their club for the business fest. It attracts students from other B-Schools and colleges across the country.
- Onam, Diwali, Christmas and Pongal celebrations
Each of these festivals are celebrated in the college by forming a committee of the students for the same. The budgeting and permissions for the same are handled by the members of SAC. It gives the students a taste of the richness in cultural diversity and life at LIBA
- Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations.
The Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations are organized in the campus to invoke the feeling of patriotism amongst the students and to transform them ethical and responsible citizens of our nation.
- Farewell Day
Farewell Day is organized for the second-year students, to make them experience the LIBA culture one last time before they step into the corporate world.
- Other Events
The committees of SAC are also involved in actively taking part in other institutional events like Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola, Inauguration, Christmas Celebrations in Loyola campus etc.,
In a nutshell, SAC not only creates cheerful moments for students in LIBA but also wonderful memories that cannot be forgotten in their lifetime.
By actively participating in academic and co-academic activities and club events, the students get to demonstrate their management skills in real-time like:
|· Conflict Management||· Organizing|
|· Creativity||· Problem-solving|
|· Delegation||· Strategizing|
|· Stress Management||· Team building|
|· Leadership||· Time-management|
|· Motivation||· Negotiation skills|
|· Public speaking||· Empathy|
Apart from the Leadership team of SAC, there are various committees under SAC, who will be working with the leadership team for various events conducted at LIBA.
- Event management committee
- Cultural committee
- Food and canteen committee
- Wellness committee
- Hostel committee
The Organogram of the Student Activities Council (SAC)
Academic Clubs under SAC
The Academic clubs are student driven clubs where students take part in various activities that enhances their knowledge on their specialization. Each club conducts various events revolving around their respective specialization. This gives a hands-on experience and exposure to the actual field for students.
Co-Academic Clubs under SAC
Apart from education LIBA firmly believes in building the character of students. The co-academic clubs focus on building the interpersonal skills, exploring other interests of students and most importantly teaches empathy and humanity. It molds the character of a student. The following are the Co-academic clubs: