Our Director, Rev. Fr. Dr. Joe Arun, S.J. is the guiding force who initiated Student Activities Council in LIBA in the year 2020-21.
The Student Activities Council (SAC) of LIBA will act as an umbrella body for all the clubs and committees on campus, ensuring their smooth functioning at each juncture. Apart from being the link between the students and the management, the Student Activities Council will be responsible for the brand enhancement of the campus and will constantly strive towards making the experience of the student on campus comfortable and enriching.
It will be the responsibility of the SAC to ensure that all events, activities and interactions on campus are conducted in a manner acceptable to the culture and norms of the university. The SAC will assist all clubs and committees on campus with their functioning and conducting of various other activities.
To foster an environment that cultivates student learning through academic and co-academic programs, leadership experiences, and events to help promote student success and assist students to build leadership skills in alignment with LIBA’s vision in forming leaders of global repute who are committed to excellence with ethics.
To encourage the academic, professional and personal development of the students individually and as a group, in order to achieve overall excellence.
- Continually brainstorm interesting and unique programs, events, and leadership opportunities that make the campus feel alive — with a mindful eye for diversity at all times.
- To demonstrate student management skills in real-time: Communication, Multi-tasking, Conflict Management, Creativity, Problem-solving, Delegation, Strategizing, Team building, Leadership and Time-management, Negotiation skills and Empathy.
Participating in co-academic activity while at LIBA has substantial career benefits; yet employers often look for something more. When looking for a job, students need to have more on CV than just their academic achievement, so LIBA students make the most of any opportunities to pursue co-academic activities.
SAC exist to ensure all students of LIBA have a voice and are empowered to lead change. Part of this is achieved through student elections, which enable the students of LIBA to participate and campaign for the various leadership roles.
SAC include a wide gamut of activities and every avenue of student life on campus. LIBA prides itself on being an entirely student run campus, where the administration provides students with the chance to shape not just their two years at the institution, but also explore a myriad of other opportunities for their future.
Given this free reign, students at LIBA can experience management outside the classroom too, working for and pushing initiatives that can make a difference to students, the institute and also the environment we are a part of.
While time may not always be a luxury at business school, learning to make the most of it and ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to develop themselves is the main purpose of the Students Activities Council.
- To conduct academic and co-academic student activities at LIBA
- Plan of student activities – Get approval for the year with the proposed budget
- Organise events in consultation with Associate Dean – Student Relations and Co-ordinator Student Relations
- Evaluate the conduct of the events, assess its learning outcomes, prepare a report with statement of accounts and submit to Director with signature of Associate – Dean or Co-ordinator Student Relations.
The elections to SAC are a democratic process. The elections will be mainly conducted for various leadership positions – President, General Secretary, Treasurer, VP-Academic and VP-Co-academic that will be responsible for various academic and co-academic clubs and events.
The Faculty Advisory Committee of SAC oversee and constantly evaluate the progress of the committee. They mentor SAC in its functions and empowers the committee in fulfilling its responsibilities in an excellent manner.
- Dr. P.C. Lakshmi Narayanan , Dean – Academics
- P. Chandiran , Associate Dean – Week-end & Diploma Programmes
- Dr. B. Aiswarya, Associate Dean – Student Relations & Alumni Relations
- Dr. Deepa Ittimani, Associate Dean – Research
- Assistant Dean – Students’ Attendance & Discipline – Dr. Madhava Priya
Prof. B. Aiswarya
Associate Dean, Student Relations
Dr. Mary Auxilia
Co-Chair, Student Relations
Dr. Tisha Meriam Cherian
Co-ordinator, Student Relations
Mr. Vigneshwar K
Co-ordinator, Student Relations
LIBA provides experiential learning opportunities across programmes. All the activities and events at LIBA focuses more on “Being” and “Doing”. The “Being and Doing” aspects are actually experiential learning. This exposes students to the challenges business leaders face every day and, therefore LIBA incorporates these through the following activities and events:
- Chrysalis is the flagship event management and cultural fest organised annually at the national level where we invite students from other business schools, IITs, and IIMs to participate in our events. Chrysalis provides a creative and competitive platform for the budding managers of tomorrow, to exhibit their managerial talent and win exciting prices.
- LIBAzaar, is a unique disguised market research in the cloaks of an extravagant fun-fair with an aim to elicit unbiased responses from the target segment to deal with industry-related problems from corporates. Disguised marketing and entertainment are spun together to keep the general crowd engaged.
- LIBA is committed to forming men and women who Excel with Ethics imbued with a spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship, and social commitment. In keeping with its social orientation, LIBA, since 1998, has been appreciating responsible corporate citizens, whose commitment to society goes far beyond the call of their core operating strategies, with the prestigious Mother Teresa Award for Corporates, to draw the attention of students, corporates and society at large. LIBA looks at business education differently, not just informing knowledge, but forming the character of students and these programs stand as a testimony to this mission.
- BEACON, the Annual Ethics Conference, a flagship event of LIBA to promote Business Ethics and globally recognized Corporate Governance Principles for the benefit of students, who are the future leaders of business world. The Centre’s mission is to develop a cadre of socially responsible leaders dedicated to the betterment of society.
- In a motive to promote multilingualism and awareness of cultural and linguistic diversity, LIBA celebrates the Matribhasha Diwas.
- The Innovation conclave aims to nurture entrepreneurship and systematically foster the culture of Innovation among students. This is a platform that will help aspiring entrepreneurs to turn their ideas, energy and thoughts into profitable business ventures and to network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations and mentors to develop the paradigm of entrepreneurial mindset
- Constitution day is celebrated at LIBA to emphasize the importance of the Constitution to the students.
By actively participating in academic and co-academic activities and club events, the students get to demonstrate their management skills in real-time like:
|· Conflict Management||· Organizing|
|· Creativity||· Problem-solving|
|· Delegation||· Strategizing|
|· Stress Management||· Team building|
|· Leadership||· Time-management|
|· Motivation||· Negotiation skills|
|· Public speaking||· Empathy|
Apart from the Leadership team of SAC, there are various committees under SAC, who will be working with the leadership team for various events conducted at LIBA.
- Event management committee
- Cultural committee
- Food and canteen committee
- Wellness committee
- Hostel committee
The Organogram of the Student Activities Council (SAC)
We at LIBA encourage the students to participate in the election process whether it be as a candidate or voter as it provides a platform to develop leadership qualities. The SAC elections provide an opportunity to the students to witness and exercise their fundamental right to vote. Elections to all posts in the Student Activities Council, shall be conducted by the Student Election Officer, Prof. P. Chandiran and the entire polling process follows a democratic and anonymous process.
Academic and Non-Academic Clubs of LIBA add skills to the student’s repertoire. Through the clubs’ students develop their soft skills and learn to communicate effectively to individuals and to groups. As they take on club responsibilities, you will also improve your team-building and leadership skills. Students learn what their strengths are, such as multitasking, organizational ability, and service-mindedness.
Academic Clubs under SAC
The Academic clubs are student driven clubs where students take part in various activities that enhances their knowledge on their specialization. Each club conducts various events revolving around their respective specialization. This gives a hands-on experience and exposure to the actual field for students.
Co-Academic Clubs under SAC
Apart from education LIBA firmly believes in building the character of students. The co-academic clubs focus on building the interpersonal skills, exploring other interests of students and most importantly teaches empathy and humanity. It moulds the character of a student.
The following are the Co-academic clubs: