Rev. Fr. C. Joe Arun, SJ
Name: C. Joe Arun
DoB: 22 April 1965
Residential Address: Jesuit Residence, Loyola College, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034 Office Address: Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Loyola College Campus, Chennai 60034, India
1999-2003:D. Phil (PhD) (Anthropology), Oxford University, UK
2020-2022: DBA Swiss School of of Business and Management (SSBM), Geneva
2010-2011: MBA – (Marketing), IIBM, New Delhi, India
2011-2012: MBA – (Human Resources), Madras University, Chennai, India
1992-1994:M.A (Anthropology), University of Madras, Chennai, India
1982-1985: B.A (Economics) from St. Joseph’s College, Trichy, India
2016: Strategic Leadership and Management from University of Illinois at UrbanaChampaign (Coursera)
2016: Introduction to Marketing from University of Pennsylvania (Coursera)
2015: Analysing Global Trends for Business and Society from University of Pennsylvania
- Director, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- PhD Supervisor, Institute of Dialogue with Cultures and Religions (IDCR), Loyola
College Campus, Chennai, India
- Adjunct Faculty, Rajagiri School of Business, (RBS), Cochin
- Adjunct Faculty, Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalii,
- Visiting Academic Fellow, Institute of Socio Cultural Anthropology (ISCA), Oxford
- Director, St. Joseph Institute of Management (JIM), St. Joseph’s College, Trichy,
- Director, Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa, India
- Director, Xavier Institute of Business Administration (XIBA), St. Xavier’s College,
- Deputy Director, Loyola-Icam College of Engineering and Technology (LICET),
- Lecturer, Department of Visual Communication, Loyola College, Chennai, India
- Dean, School of Human Excellence, Loyola College, Chennai, India
- Director, Institute of Dialogue with Cultures and Religions (IDCR), Loyola College,
- Secretary & Correspondent, Loyola College, Chennai, India
- Dean of External Affairs & Development, Loyola College, Chennai, India
- Director, Loyola Development Office, Loyola College, Chennai
- Director, Centre for International Programme, Loyola College, Chennai, India
- Executive Director, Institute of Dialogue with Cultures and Religions (IDCR), Loyola
College, Chennai, India.
- Deputy Director, Loyola-ICAM College of Engineering and Technology (LICET),
- Director, Culture and Communication, Loyola College, Chennai
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- Built up an Institute that researched into issues of conflict in religions and cultures and evolved conflict Now it is a research institute affiliated to Madras University and in it there are many PhD students writing their theses. It is: Institute of Dialogue with Cultures and Religions (IDCR)
- As Director of International Programme of Loyola College, Chennai signed many international tie-ups and global interface, running few successful programmes in collaboration with Lille University, France, Fu Jen University Taiwan and South Bank University, UK;
- Played a key role in founding an engineering college by negotiating with a French group, ICAM. This has evolved an Indo-French model of educational leadership. Now the college is successfully run by Loyola College, Loyola-ICAM college of Engineering and Technology (LICET);
- As Secretary & Correspondent of Loyola College, Chennai, led 300-plus faculty and 230-plus non-teaching staff in 32 departments and 15 institutes to optimum level of performance; restructured its financial system, reorganised human resources, enhanced the infrastructure and brought all the activities under ERP system; Wrote the Master Plan for Loyola College envisioning a future for Loyola College.
- Built up a Business school in Palayamkottai, South Tamil Nadu, called Xavier Institute of Business Administration (XIBA) and served as its Director for two years;
- As Director, restructured curriculum and infused academic rigour and evolved innovative academic ecosystem in Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa,
- Evolved a new and innovative Teaching-Learning-Evaluation system based on Oxford and Finland model of education in St Joseph’s Institute of Management (JIM), Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India as its Director;
- Founding member of a group called, Knowledge Xchange, it remains a platform for exchanging ideas and strategies on Played a key role in organising conferences and colloquium on education and the ways it is provided in India and beyond.
- Worked as Strategic Consultant to Indev Logistics to evolve strategies for training competent people to handle CFS in India and abroad.
- Worked as CEO for SCAD group of institutions in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu to expand its investment in educational institutions and develop a professional system of administration
- Worked as Expert Advisor to CARE Group of Institutions, Tiruchirappalli, in rebranding and reorganising their institutions
- Worked as advisory consultant to Ma Foi Strategy ltd
PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE and CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Developing strategy for restructuring organisations/companies and turning around institutions;
- Designing Mission Statements for Corporate and working out Strategies for realizing the same;
- Serving as a Corporate Consultant in the areas of Organizational Behaviour, Planning, Risk taking, Goal – setting, Goal Striving and Goal Research Skill;
- Conducting consumer researches to understand buying patterns and orientations and to assist in the process of starting businesses and reviewing already running enterprises;
- Designing product development for start-ups and entrepreneurs; Branding and rebranding organisations and companies;
- Doing Organisational Development Process (ODP) to identify deficiency areas for low level performance and reorganise organisational structures ;
- Conducting performance appraisal for organisations to increase level of performance and increase productivity;
- Serving as resource person in the area of Leadership Dynamics, Marketing Power of Emotions and Crisis and Stress Management for Corporate, Business Schools and Higher Educational Institutions in Tamil Nadu;
- Mapping Competencies of employees in institutions and evolve ways of building competencies for specific jobs;
- Assisting NGOs in their programmes of empowerment by conducting evaluation and assessment: Measuring Empowerment;
- Motivating and Training Personnel by planning, preparing & presenting Packaged Programs on Source and Power and management of Emotions, Setting and Reaching Goals, and managing Crisis Situations; Preparing the Dynamics, exercises, questionnaires, and assignments for various Organizations for Planning, Evaluation and Revamping;
- Assisting & counselling Personnel in various aspects of their career path; Coordinating for keeping up to date with Market, Social and Cultural changes and Concomitant Personality changes;
- Meeting with Corporate Team or Heads of Educational Institution to help implement a special Corporate or educational program; Facilitating Personnel on Emotional Intelligence (EQ), Social Intelligence (SQ) and Spiritual Intelligence;
- Providing Orientation Programs for the Teachers, Professors, Administrators and Students.
Studied in Oxford UK for five years, Travelled to Germany, Belgium, Italy, France, USA, Peru, Switzerland, Dubai, Taiwan, Sri Lanka to attend conferences and leadership level meetings.
Four-year doctoral study at Oxford University United Kingdom and continued research and teaching in Oxford from 2005 until 2012;Two-year postdoctoral studies in Loyola University and University of Chicago, USA; Extensively travelled to major cities of France, such as Toulouse, Lille, Vannes and Nante to study engineering education of Icam Groupe of schools of engineering and humanity studies; Taught three years as Audi professor of Cross cultural management in Ingolstadt School of Management, Germany; Visited Fu Jen University, in Taipei, Taiwan for faculty exchange and taught consumer behaviour for students of textile technology; Visited Universidad del Pacifico in Lima city, Peru, South America for a Marketing conference and gave key note addresses on consumer behaviour in emerging markets; Visited more than twice Brussels-Belgium, Geneva-Switzerland, Melbourne- Australia, Bilbao-Spain, and Rome-Italy for conferences on leadership, consumer behaviour, strategy, and marketing.
More than 15 years of teaching from 2005 till date: six years in Loyola College in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, two years St Xavier’s College, Palayamkottai, India, two years at Goa Institute of Management, Goa, three years at St Joseph’s Institute of Management (JIM), Tiruchirappalli, and now two years at Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- Conflict management at Institute of Socio-cultural Anthropology, Oxford University, UK
- Behaviour and Identity making at Loyola University, Chicago, USA
- culture and communication at Department of Visual Communication for two years, Loyola College, Chennai India,
- Foundation Courses at Loyola College, Chennai India,
- Consumer behaviour, social entrepreneurship and cross-cultural management in Rajagiri Business School, Cochin, XIMR, St Xavier’s College, Mumbai, India
- Entrepreneurship and Crosscultural Management at Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai India,
- Marketing Management at SEG school of management, at Lille Catholic University, France, Angers University France,
- Consumer Behaviour at Ingolstadt School of Management, Germany,
- Cross-cultural Marketing at the department of Textile and Fashion Technology, in Fujen University, Taipei, Taiwan,
- Perspectives in social sciences, and Indian culture in Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. Taught Consumer Behaviour in ISEG School of management, at Lille Catholic University, France
- Cross Cultural Business Enterprises at Angers University France
- Consumer Behaviour and Crosscultural Management at Ingolstadt School of Management, Germany, as Professor of Crosscultural Management in Audi plant
- Cross Cultural Marketing at the department of Textile and Fashion Technology, in Fu Jen University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Consumer Behaviour in XLRI, Jamshedpur,
- Consumer Behaviour at Rajagiri Business School, Cochin, India
- Consumer Behaviour and Crosscultural Management at XIMR, St Xavier’s College, Mumbai, India
- Strategic Management and Marketing Management at LIBA, Chennai, India
PhD RESEARCH GUIDANCE (in Madras University):
- Four PhD theses have been awarded
- two PhD students are being guided
Core Areas: MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP, STRATEGY, CULTURE, COMMUNICATION,
Key Areas: Leadership and Strategy, Leadership Styles, Consumer Culture and Consumer Behaviour, Cross cultural management, Social Entrepreneurship, Organisational Behaviour, Globalisation and Empowerment of the Subalterns Learning Styles and formation of
Learning systems, Competence Mapping and Competence Building, Conflict Resolutions and Conflict Management
- Working as a PhD guide at University of Madras, Chennai through Institute of Dialogue with Cultures and Religions (IDCR), guiding eight students who write theses on culture and
- 1992-1994 – Research Assistant, Measuring Empowerment by Community Development Projects, Project by World Bank
- 1993–1994 – Individual research on Religion and Rituals of Kannikkars of Tirunelveli district in Tamil Nadu, India
- 2000–2002– Research Co-ordinator, Micro Trends among the youth, project for Aylesbury Parish Council, UK
- 2004–2007 – Research Co-ordinator, Conflict between religious communities in Coimbatore city in India, project by IDCR, Loyola College, Chennai, funded by MISSIO Aachen, 2005-2006 Research Analyst, Voting Patterns in Assembly Elections in Tamil Nadu, Funded by Goodwill Communications, Chennai
- 2007-2009 Research co-ordinator, Caste violence in Tamil Nadu, India, by IDCR, Loyola College, Chennai, India, funded by Missio, Aachen, Germany. Studied caste conflicts in India to show how caste factors stand in the ways of economic development of people; Researched on the factors contributed to bomb blasts in Coimbatore city in Tamil Nadu and how the inter-religious conflicts could be solved
- 2008-2009 Research Coordinator, Consumer Culture: A Study of Mall culture in Chennai city, IIT-Madras, Humanity and Social Sciences.
- 2009 – 2011 Regional Research Co-ordinator, Role of Religion in Development by School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- 2008 – 2010 Principal Investigator, in India, Consumer Cultures of India: Study of Buying Behaviour of India. JASOS, Oxford, UK
- 2010 -2012 As a principal investigator, studied the blocks that prevent Dalits from achieving development. This was funded by European Council of Social Research (ESRC).
- 2011-2012 Studied the buying behaviour in Malls in Chennai city to find out the role of culture in the decision making process, as part of consumer behaviour
- 2010 Studied the motivational factors for changing food habits of Indians from Indian foods grounded in culture to foods from the West to map the changing patterns of behaviour due to consumer behaviour
- 2011 Studied on how symbols and myths contribute to production of corporate culture, a case of Tata
- 2012-2014 Led a team of researchers who investigated 32 small time entrepreneurs in Tirunelveli district (titled as Rustic Entrepreneurs) to find out the context-specific entrepreneurial skills of people who have run businesses successfully for the last fifty years.
- New Buyology: Uncovering Cultural Codes of Consumer Behaviour (In print)
- Business Moves: Eight Energies of Leadership (2021), Partridge Publishers
- Making of Entrepreneurs: Perspectives, Methods, Models and Processes (2020), Archers and Elevators Publishing House
- Constructing Dalit Identity (2007), Rawat Publishers
- Interculturation of Religion (2007), ATC Publications
- Rustic Entrepreneurship (2019), Lulu Publishers
- Moves and Energies (Thisaiyum Visaiyum), (2000), Vaigarai Publications
- You can win (Nee Velvaai), (2009), Aster Publishers
- Is Tamil Culture caste culture? (Thamizh panpaadu saathiyappanpaadaa?), (2008), IDCR Publications
Articles and Book Chapters
- (2023). Are Indian Consumers willing to share personal data to avail personalized recommendations? – Indian Artificial Intelligence Market Perspective. Iranian Journalof Management Studies, 10.22059/IJMS.2023.346385.675242 SCOPUS|WoS https://ijms.ut.ac.ir/article_91712.html
- (2023). “Influence of supply chain resilience, information technology capabilities and agility on cost and delivery performance in construction supply chains: an Indian perspective”. The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 34 No. 4, pp. 1050-1076. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJLM-04-2022-0164|SCOPUS|WoS|A in ABDC
- (2023). The Moderating Effect of Financial Literacy on the Relationship Between Decision-Making Tools and Equity Returns in the Indian Secondary Equity Market. Revista Finanzas Y Política Económica, 15(1), 185–211. https://doi.org/10.14718/revfinanzpolitecon.v15.n1.2023.8 |SCOPUS| WoS https://revfinypolecon.ucatolica.edu.co/index.php/RFYPE/article/view/4859
- (2023). Impact on Social Work Practice and Research of Technology, Religion, and HIV/AIDS in India. In: Joseph, F.J.J., Balas, V.E., Rajest, S.S., Regin, R. (eds) Computational Intelligence for Clinical Diagnosis. EAI/Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-723683-9_28; Part of the EAI/Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing book series (EAISICC),
- (2023). Dimensions of Indian consumers’ beliefs about AI: An orthogonal linear transformation approach. Revista Gestão & Tecnologia, 23(1), 10-28, DOI:10.20397/2177-6652/2023.v23i1.2534 e-ISSN No: 2177-6652 http://revistagt.fpl.edu.br/get/article/view/2534 | WoS
- (2022). Working from home during COVID 19 and its impact on Indian employees’ stress and creativity, Asian Business & Management, https://doi.org/10.1057/s41291-022-00202-5 SCOPUS | WoS | (C in ABDC)
- (2022), “Influence of supply chain resilience, information technology capabilities and agility on cost and delivery performance in construction supply chains: an Indian perspective”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJLM-04-2022-0164 (A in ABDC) | WoS | SCOPUS
- (2022), “COVID-19 impact in supply chain performance: a study on the construction industry”, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-04-2021-0220 SCOPUS | (B in ABDC)
- (2022). The Influence of Investors’ Personality on Decision Making in the Secondary Equity Market – Big Five Personality Model, The Economics and Finance Letters 9(1), 69-77, ISSN No: 2312-6310, DOI:https://doi.org/10.18488/29.v9i1.3016, https://archive.conscientiabeam.com/index.php/29/article/view/3016, WoS
- (2022). Buy-o-logy of Indians: A Model of Studying Consumer Behaviour, Journal of Accounting, Business and Management, 29(1), 120-141, ISSN No: 0216-423X, http://journal.stie-mce.ac.id/index.php/jabminternational/article/view/830, (C in ABDC)
- (2022). Bias-driven marketing that instigates pledging to a crowdfunding campaign: An experimental consideration of behavioral anomalies. International Journal of Consumer Studies, doi:10.1111/ijcs.12795, (A in ABDC) | SCCOPUS| WoS
- (2021). Decoding the Post-COVID-19 Consumer Mind and Developing New Marketing Strategies. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 25(5), 1-10. (B in (ABDC)
- (2021). Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Management: A conceptual framework for construction industry. Indian Journal of Economics and Business, Vol 20, Issue 3 (1167-1187). SCOPUS
- (2021). Impact of Artificial Intelligence on future work force: A Comprehensive Study.Linguistica Antverpiensia, 4500-4508. SCCOPUS
- (2021). Implementations of AI on Ed-Tech Business and its Impact on Society: Benefits and Challenges, International Journal of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (ESCI) ISSN: 2207-8363, WoS
- 2021). Risk Profiling of Secondary Equity Investors from the Chennai City of India
- Based on the Big Five Personality Model, Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting 10(4), 45-65, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/CJFA.2021.014 ISSN No: 2300-1240 (C in ABDC)
- (2021). The Effect of Sport Nostalgia On Discrete Positive Emotions, Positive Ewom,
- And Revisit Intention of Sport Tourists: A Conceptual Framework, International Journal of Business and Economics, Volume 6, No 2 (2021), ISSN (online) 2545-4137 (B in ABDC)
- (2021). The Effect of Consumer Confusion Proneness on Intention to Recommend the Role of Discrete Emotions, Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, Volume 25, Special Issue 3, 2021, ISSN 1528-2678-25-S3-530,1-6 (B in ABDC)
- (2021). The Impact of Fear of Covid On Online Food Delivery, Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, Volume 25, Issue 5, 1-12, 1528-2678-25-5-466 (B in ABDC)
- (2021). Cloud Kitchens – The Future of Online Food Services Industry Post-Covid-19, Design Engineering, ISSN: 0011-9342, Issue: 6, Pages: 6881-6894 SCOPUS
- (2021). Access to Diagnostic Services Through Health Insurance Schemes: Lessons from a Southern Indian State for Post-COVID Era, Journal of Health Management, 1-12, DOI: 10.1177/09720634211052414, SCOPUS | WoS
- (2021). An Enquiry into the Purchase Intention of AI-based Virtual Personal Voice Assistants in India, International Journal of Business and Economics, 6(2), 52-63, DOI:https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5565436 ISSN No (online): 2545-4137, (B in ABDC)
- (2021). A Comprehensive Study of Blockchain Based Cryptocurrency as A Medium of Exchange. UGC Care Group 1 Journal, ANVESAK ISSN: 0378 – 4568, Vol. 51, No.1(X) August – December 2021, WoS
- (2021). Prediction of Graft Survival Using Artificial Neural Network (ANN), and Bayesian Belief Network (BBN): A Comparative Study: Graft Survival Prediction Using Machine Learning: A Comparative Study. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 16(3), 29-35. https://doi.org/10.24083/apjhm.v16i3.975 SCOPUS
- (2021). Gender Inequity in Utilisation of Publicly Funded Health Insurance Schemes-Findings based on insurance data from a Southern Indian State: Is there a difference inutilisation of state sponsored health insurance between men and women? Asia PacificJournal of Health Management, 16(3), 75-86. https://doi.org/10.24083/apjhm.v16i3.973 SCOPUS | WoS
- (2021). The Behavior of the Various Personalities of Secondary Equity Investors: Big Five Personality Model, The Journal of Wealth Management, DOI:https://doi.org/10.3905/jwm.2021.1.128 ISSN No: 1534-7524 (B in ABDC) SCOPUS
- (2021). The New Normal “Reinventing Professional Life and Familial Bonding in the Post Covid-19 Era” “Occupational and Agentic Self-efficacy as Indicators of the Changed Professional Identity: A Post COVID Work from Home Scenario”, Ed: Ajoy Kumar Dey, Harivansh Chaturvedi, Bloomsbury Publishing; ISBN 9789354351204
- (2021). Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Market Research: Current Trends, Linguistica Antverpiensia, 2021 Issue-3,hivt.be, ISSN: 0304-2294
- (2021). The Development of the Emotional Intelligence in the Education System of India and its Impact on the Higher Education, Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry, 12 No. 6 (2021), https://www.tojqi.net/index.php/journal/article/view/2149
- (2021). Adoption of digital Marketing in Agribusiness: A Conceptual Study, Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, Volume 25, Issue 3, 2021/ 1528-2678-25-3-402
- (2021). Rebooting employees: upskilling for artificial intelligence in multinational corporations, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 10.1080/09585192.2021.1891114
- (2021). Mobile payment technology adoption in SME owners in India – An empirical Indian Journal of Finance, 15(1), 36-54. https://doi.org/10.17010/ijf/2021/v15i1/157013
- (2021). Are Indian consumers happy with artificial intelligence enabled personalized customer service? Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 25(1), 1-16. ABDC: B
- (2021). Potential of Artificial Intelligence for transformation of education system in India, International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, 17(1), 142-158.
- (2021): Use of Discernment in Effective Decision Making: A Case for Method of Deep Conversation, Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, ISSN No: 1006-7930, Page No: 37-47, VOLUME XIII, ISSUE II, 2021https://doi.org/10.37896/JXAT2.1/30303
- (2020). What Comprises Well-being at Workplace? A Qualitative Inquiry Among Service Sector Employees in India, South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, 9(3), 330-342.
- 2020: Indian Perspective on Consumer Materialism, presented at 04th International Conference on Marketing, Technology & Society 2020, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Peer-review under responsibility of the 04th ICMTS 2020, ISBN : 978-93-5419-748-2
- (2020). The Effect of Loneliness and Nostalgic Advertising on Mobile Shopping Intention: A Conceptual Framework. International Journal of Business and Economics, 5(2), 42-55.
- 2020: Factors Influencing Indian Millennials’ Green Purchase Intention in International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Volume 29, No. 8, (2020), 5809-5817 – SCOPUS Indexed
- 2020: Development of banking customer satisfaction index: with reference to Chennai city, India. in International Journal of Management (IJM), Volume 11, Issue 11, November (SCOPUS indexed)
- 2020: Influence of the Biological Age of the Investor on Decision Making in the Secondary Equity Market, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets. DOI 1108QRFM-02-2020-0021 ABDC: B /SCOPUS Indexed
- 2020: What Comprises Well-being at Workplace? A Qualitative Inquiry Among Service Sector Employees in India. South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases, DOI: 1177/2277977920958508, pp.1-13. SCOPUS Indexed
- 2020: “Tamil Nadu should consider covering COVID-19 testing under Chief Minister’s health insurance scheme”. The Hindu, Opinion
- 2020: “TN should cover COVID-19 testing under CMCHIS”. The Hindu Business Line, Opinion
- A Study exploring the SHG-Bank Linkage Programme and Women Empowerment in the southern region of India. Prabandhan – The Indian Journal of Management, 12 (12), 7-20.) SCOPUS Indexed – cite score 89
- 2020: “What comprises well-being at workplace?” in the Euromed Academy of Business Conference organized by K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, 5-7 February
- 2020: “Does temporal diversity impact employee upward voice? Moderated-mediation model of task interdependence and team communication” was presented at the Sixth Biennial Conference of the Indian Academy of Management (INDAM 2020) at IIM Trichy January 2020.
- 2020: A Conceptual Framework on the Influence of Authenticity in Advertising and Positive Electronic Word of Mouth on Customer ” Academy of Marketing Studies Journal (AMSJ) under Volume 24 & Issue 3, pp.1-10 ABDC: B
- 2020: Influence of Behavioural Biases and Decision-Making tools on the performance of secondary equity investors. In Journal of Wealth Management Volume 23, Issue 2, 52-69 ISSN No: 1534-7524 ABDC: B SCOPUS Indexed
- 2020: From Access to Excess of Technology: Digital Detoxification through In Management Matters, Vo.17, Issue 1, pp. 58-70.
- 2020: Empathetic Firm Generated Content in Social Media and its Outcomes: A Conceptual In Journal of Critical Reviews,7(5), 953-958. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- 2020: Determinants of Advertising Effectiveness on Facebook: A Conceptual In Our Heritage, Vol.68, Issue 1, January 2019, pp.2707-2721, ISSN:0474- 9030. (UGC CARE LISTED)
- 2019: Evolution of Customer Satisfaction Index as a Performance Metric: A Comprehensive Review. Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, 11(12), 536-550. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- 2019: Mediating Effects of Customer satisfaction in the relationship between service quality and customer loyalty in e-banking services. In Indian Journal of Management & Business, 18, No.2 (2019):493-510 18(2), 487-504. (ABDC INDEXED TILL 2019)
- 2019: A Study exploring the SHG-Bank Linkage Programme and Women Empowerment at Southern Region in India from 2012-2017, In Prabandhan-Indian Journal of Management, 12, Issue Number: 12, pp.7-22.
- 2019: Ignatian Way of Managing Human Ignis, No.2018.4, Vol. XLVII No. IV, pp.07-21.
- 2017: Cultural Matrix for Organisational Change: A Conceptual In International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, Vol 6, Issue 11 (4), November 2017
- 2016: Fields of In AE International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. Vol 4. Issue 10 October 2016.
- In Building Just, Inclusive and Secular India. Draft New Education Policy. Issues and Implications. Chennai, India: HEC.
- 2014: Consumed Culture and Cultured Consumption: The Diderot Effect on In XIBA Business Review, Volume 1, issue 1, pp.35-39.
- 2014: Cultural Profile of Entrepreneurship: A Critical In Entrepreneurship & Socio-Economic Development. (ISBN: 978-81-928901-0-4), pp. 37-43.
- 2009: Postmodern In VJTR, Vol. 73, No.8. August 2009.
- 2009: Emotional Intelligence and Formation of Personality. In Jnanodaya, Journal of Philosophy. Issue 16, June 2009.
- 2008: Conflict as Source of Identity Making. In Journal of Culture and Religion. 3 No.1, pp.7-33.
- 2007: Introduction: Revisiting de Nobili’s Mission to Tamil Nadu. In Interculturation of Religion. Critical Perspectives on Robert de Nobili’s Mission in India. Bangalore: ATC, Pp.1-18.
- 2007: Religion as Culture: Anthropological Critique of de Nobili’s Approach to Religion and Culture. In Interculturation of Religion. Critical Perspectives on Robert de Nobili’s Mission in India. Bangalore: ATC, Publications. Pp.19-41.
- 2007: Parai: From stigma to self-assertion. Paraiyars and the symbolism of the parai Contributions to Indian Sociology, Vol. 41, No. 1, 81-104.
- 2007: Death of Representation: A Post-modern In VJTR April 2007, Vol 71, No 4. pp. 262-270.
- 2006: Mediated In Culture & Communications, Indian Media Research Journal, April 2006, No. 15 Vol.4
- 2006: ‘Eliyavarin Thagam’ (Poor Peoples’ Thirst for Liberation) in Dinamani daily
- 2006: Therthale oru Poraaga’ (Election as War) In Silambam, (June 2006)
- 2006: Dignifying Communications for Enhancing In Culture & Communications, August 2006, No. 16, Vol..5.
- 2006: Cultural Communication and De-ethicising In Culture & Communication, November, No. 17, Vol 05.
- 2006: ‘aha alagum muga alagum’ (internal and external beauty) in Munnetrathin Mugavari (book) 2005, Vaigairai
- 2005: karka kasadara’ (learn faultlessly) in Dinamani daily
- 2005: ‘Ithuvum thiruvilaiyadal’ (this too divine play) in Dinamani daily
- 2004: ‘The Other as Alien’: Myths in Identity Making. In Vidyjyoti, April 2004, 277-294.
- 2003: Anthropology of Conflict, Review Article. In Journal of Anthropology Society of Oxford. Vol 4, Issue 11, 2003
- 2002: Taming the Global Demagogue: A Spirituality for Globalisation. In Vidyajyoti, Part I in June 2002 issue and part II in July 2002
- 2002: Global Culture versus Local Culture: A Cultural Perspective of Globalisation. In Leonard Fernando (ed.) Seeking New Horizons. Delhi: ISPCK, pp.243-258.
- 2002: Historiography and Ethnography. In Felix Wilfred & Jose D. Maliekal (ed.) The Struggle for the Past Historiography Today. Chennai: Department of Christian Studies, University of Madras.
- 2002: Ethnographic Construction of Historiography: A Case Study of Dalits in Kanchipuram district, South India. In Jeevadhara, January 2002, pp. 45-59.
- 2010 – Strategy Consultant to Kerry-Indev Logistics Ltd
- 2012 -2015 Principal Advisor, CARE Group of Institutions
- 2012-2014 Strategy Consultant, SCAD Group of Institutions
- 2006- 2010 Worked as HR trainer at Ma Foi Strategy Limited, Chennai
- 2007-2014 Consultant to Venture Lightings Limited
- 2010 – 2012 Non-Executive Director, BluBuggs, Chennai
- Gold Medal in M.A (Anthropology) for being a Rank holder
- Gold Medal in A (Anthropology) for being the best student of the year
- Research Fellow, ESRC, UK
- Adjunct Fellow, Loyola University, Chicago (2003)
- Overseas Fellowship, Campion Hall, Oxford University (199-2003)
- Research Associate, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Oxford University (2005)
- Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Religion & Culture in Asia (IRSA), Oxford,
- Best Director Award, CSR, India 2017
- Best Innovator of Education Award, India Today Group 2021
- Most Influential Leader Award, Economic Times 2022
- Member, European Association of Social Anthropologists (EASA)
- Member, The Board of Studies, Holy Cross College, Trichy
- Member, Anthropological Society of Oxford, UK
- Member, Knowledge Xchange Foundation, Chennai India
- Member of Research Team, Goodwill Communications
- Member, Ethics Committee, ICMR, Medical Council of India
- Member, Board of Studies, Department of Anthropology, University of Madras
- Member, the Governing Board, LITES Institutions, Nagercoil, India
- Mentor, Syllabus Revision of Tamil Nadu School Text book
- Member, International Association of Jesuit Universities (IAJU)